According to the Ministry of Health, among the new cases, 16 in Da Nang; 09 in Quang Nam Provice, 02 in Dak Lak Province, 01 in Dong Nai province, 01 in Khanh Hoa Province and 01 case in Ha Nam provinces.
Related: Vietnam sees two more deaths linked to coronavirus, total reaches 5
By Saturday evening, Vietnam has recorded 620 Covid-19 cases, including 247 active patients after 373 have recovered. Now more than 91,000 are in quarantine in the nation.
Vietnam’s coastal city of Danang plans to test its entire population of 1.1 million people for coronavirus infection, the governing authorities said on yesterday, as more than 40 new cases linked to the tourist hot spot were reported across the country, taking total infections to 586, with three deaths.
Most of the new cases are linked to hospitals in Danang city, where the first locally transmitted infection in more than three months was detected last week.
The Health Ministry said on Saturday that up to 800,000 visitors to Danang have left for other parts of the country since July 1, adding that more than 41,000 people have visited three hospitals in the city since.
Local medical officials in Danang have conducted 8,247 coronavirus tests in the city since July 25, when the latest cluster was first detected. Testing capacity will be increased to 8,000-10,000 per day, the governing authorities said.
- Vietnam records Five more Covid-19 cases in Quang Nam Province, all linked to Da Nang outbreak
- More Covid-19 cases linked to Danang outbreak
- Vietnam adds 28 more new coronavirus patients in a single day, total 586
- Vietnam sees two more deaths from coronavirus, total reaches 5
- More cases of COVID-19 infection reported in Vietnam.
- July 30: Vietnam reports 9 more local infections, all linked to Danang
- Nine more Covid-19 cases reported in Hanoi and Danang
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload
- Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days