All two new deaths linked to a hospital in Da Nang, a hot spot with more than 100 cases in the past week, more than half of them patients. The Health & Life Newspaper reported.
The Health Ministry said the latest fatalities included patient 524, a 86-year old woman from Quang Nam Province, who was treated for heart failure, chronic kidney failure and infected with Covid-19; and patient 475, a 83 year-old patient, who has been in one place for 6 years with stomach surgery, complicated underlying health issues and Covid-19.
So far, Vietnam has recorded a total of five people died from coronavirus.
As of August 01, there are 18 other patients, all older people with chronic diseases, are in critical condition, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Vietnam confirms 12 new Covid-19 cases, all linked to Da Nang hotspot, total 558
- Vietnam confirms two more Covid-19 deaths
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- Vietnam confirms 37 new Covid-19 cases, mostly imported
- 37 new coronavirus cases bring total count to 546
- Second COVID-19- related death in Vietnam
- Vietnam records third Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam adds 28 more new coronavirus patients in a single day, total 586