The latest infections also raise the number of community transmissions in the past few days to 15 cases, the first of which broke Vietnam’s 99-day streak with no community transmission of the novel coronavirus. The Health & Life newspaper, a state-run media reported.
Related: Breaking: Twelve more suspected cases of coronavirus reported in Vietnam’s Da Nang city
The central city has also closed “non-essential” services like amusement parks, beauty parlors, karaoke and massage parlors and bars.
Also read: Vietnam’s Da Nang re-imposes social distancing measures over coronavirus fears, applicable this afternoon
Of Vietnam’s 431 Covid-19 cases to date, 365 have recovered after treatment. More than 11,000 people in quarantine – 220 people in hospitals and the remaining in quarantine camps or at home.
… to be updated
By Vietnam Insider
- Breaking: Twelve more suspected cases of coronavirus reported in Vietnam’s Da Nang city
- All flights, buses from and to Vietnam’s Da Nang city suspended due to coronavirus outbreak
- Vietnam confirms 11 new Covid-19 patients linked to Da Nang Hospital
- Vietnam records 11 more Covid-19 community transmissions
- Vietnam city imposes social distancing after first local infections in months
- Da Nang bans gatherings of over 30 people amid Covid-19 outbreak
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload
- No new coronavirus cases recorded in community for 52 consecutive days in Vietnam
- Vietnam records Five more Covid-19 cases in Quang Nam Province, all linked to Da Nang outbreak
- Airlines increase flights to evacuate passengers from Da Nang amid Covid-19 fears