The above news was released by experts at the meeting of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control this morning.
According to a report by the Online Newspaper of the Government, preliminary epidemiological investigation showed that four out of five Covid-19 cases confirmed over the past weekend are linked to three hospitals in the central city of Da Nang.
Related: Two more new coronavirus cases confirmed in Vietnam’s Da Nang city, bringing country total to 420
These health facilities, as the experts said, are Da Nang Hospital, Da Nang Hospital C, and Da Nang Orthopedic and Physical Rehabilitation Hospital.
Da Nang C Hospital in Da Nang City where a local man is suspected to have infected with Covid-19, July 2020. Photo by VnExpress/Nguyen Dong.
To prevent the spread of the disease, experts suggested all people who return home from Da Nang and are linked to the aforesaid hospitals must be quarantined for 14 days while health declaration must be mandatory for the others.
Genome analysis showed that this is a new type of Covid-19, which is more infectious, said Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long.
The Ministry of Health has sent best experts to Da Nang to help the central city contain the outbreak and find out infection sources as soon as possible.
Over the past weekend, three residents in Da Nang and one resident in Quang Nam were confirmed positive for Covid-19. They are patients numbered 416, 418, 419, and 420, of whom patient 416 and patient 418 are in severe health conditions as they need ventilators./.
By Huong Giang @ VGP and Tien Phong Newspaper. Editing by Vietnam Insider
- Another COVID-19 case confirmed in Da Nang
- Da Nang quarantines 50 people having close contact with a suspected patient
- Vietnam confirmed two new Covid-19 cases of community transmission
- Government imposes social distancing in Da Nang as Covid-19 resurfaces
- 50 isolated in Da Nang after a man tested positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Vietnam reports two more community transmissions
- Two more new coronavirus cases confirmed in Vietnam’s Da Nang city, bringing country total to 420
- Medical workers go into quarantine at Da Nang Hospital
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 community transmissions
- Three special working groups set up to stamp out coronavirus in Da Nang