Vietnamese delegation at 20th ASEAN University Games (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The 20th ASEAN University Games officially opened in Thailand’s Ubon Ratchathani province on July 28.
Competitions are taking place from July 26 to August 6, with athletes from 11 regional countries vying for medals in 23 sports.
Fifty-one students from Vietnamese universities are competing in six sports, namely athletics, taekwondo, electronic sports, futsal, pencak silat, and Muay Thai.
By the end of July 28, the Vietnamese team won five gold medals in athletics.
At the 19th ASEAN University Games in Myanmar in 2018, Vietnam ranked fifth in the medal tally, with 16 golds, nine silvers and six bronzes.
- SEA Games 31: Four more gold medals for Vietnamese runners
- Paralympics daily wrap-up: USA reclaim 3rd place on the medal table
- SEA Games 31: Track and field athletes win additional two gold medals for Vietnam
- Vietnam Maintains Lead In SEA Games 31
- SEA Games 31: Two more gold medals for Vietnamese taekwondo team
- SEA Games 31: Kurash athletes secure two more golds for Vietnam
- Vietnam tops SEA Games 31 medal tally with 125 golds
- Outstanding SEA Games 31 athletes to be honoured with Labour Order
- Vietnamese wushu athletes win three gold medals in first competing day