Vietnamese Ambassador to Argentina Duong Quoc Thanh (R) succeeds Malaysian Ambassador Nur Azman Abdul Rahim to become ACBA Chair (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - Vietnamese Ambassador to Argentina Duong Quoc Thanh has assumed the position of ASEAN Committee in Buenos Aires (ACBA) Chair for six months during a meeting of the committee on July 18.
The Vietnamese ambassador, who succeeds Malaysian Ambassador Nur Azman Abdul Rahim, pledged to work hard to promote the achievements of the committee and make practical contributions to strengthening cooperation between ASEAN and Argentina as well as Uruguay and Paraguay where he covers.
Ambassadors from ASEAN countries expressed their belief that Ambassador Thanh will successfully complete his mission in the next six months, contributing to enhancing the image and position of ASEAN members in Argentina and the region.
They agreed on Vietnam’s proposals on strengthening cooperation with local authorities and businesses, organising visits to potential localities of Argentina to enhance connectivity and boost political and economic partnerships with them, meeting local scholars, experts and politicians to get better understanding of the host country, and holding a number of activities to promote the ASEAN image and connect the association and local community.
The Vietnamese Embassy in Argentina will chair the celebration of the 55th anniversary of the ASEAN founding anniversary as well as exchange activities among ASEAN representative agencies in Buenos Aires such as the ASEAN Family Day, sports culinary and cultural activities to strengthen understanding and solidarity among members of the association.
- Vietnamese culinary culture promoted in Argentina
- Vietnam Embassy to Netherlands takes over ASEAN Committee in The Hague rotating chair
- Football legend Maradona laid to rest near Buenos Aires
- ASEAN’s 53rd founding anniversary marked in Venezuela
- Vietnam attends 5th meeting of ASEAN-Germany DPC
- Vietnam Seeks Stronger Partnership With Argentine Province
- CSV enables Nestlé Vietnam to step closer to sustainability
- Laos highly values Vietnam as ASEAN Chair
- ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links