Ilustrative image (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - Russia’s e-newspaper Infox.ru has run an article written by Grigory Trofimchuk, a Russian expert on foreign policy, defence and security, highlighting Vietnam's leadership role in the region.
According to the article, Vietnam is not only one of the flagships of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) but also really proves its leadership role, becoming a central player in regional issues and the "key" to those matters.
Vietnam's strength lies in its growing prestige and position in the international arena, and its attractive business environment, political stability, and predictable foreign policy, Grigory said in his article.
According to the Russian expert, Vietnam's consistent and constructive stance on establishing a peaceful and stable environment in the region, including in the East Sea/South China Sea, is an important factor to help Hanoi adapt to the modern geopolitical situation.
He also highly valued Vietnam's role in the process of finding consensus with China on the East Sea-related issues, especially through the direction of the Communist Parties of the two countries to create specific results.
According to the author, even in sensitive issues such as human rights, Vietnam has also made significant contributions, which are positively evaluated by the United Nations.
- Vietnam plays huge role in 25-year ASEAN development: Russian expert
- Russian media highlights Vietnam’s preparation for 13th Party congress
- Vietnam a focus of Russia's "pivot to the East" policy: expert
- Russian paper highlights impressive Vietnamese economic growth
- Russian Expert Highlights Vietnam s Participation in 6th Eastern Economic Forum
- Russian paper praises Vietnam’s achievements in economic, foreign affairs
- The ASEAN Post: VN- ASEAN’s New De Facto Leader?
- Late Russian military expert in Vietnam honoured
- Russian expert: Posters a weapon in Vietnam’s COVID-19 fight