ASEAN Secretary-General Dato Lim Jock Hoi. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Indian Ambassador to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Jayant N. Khobragade has highlighted the growing relations between the two sides through different periods of time.
Speaking at a recent ceremony to mark 30 years of the ASEAN-India friendship in Jakarta, the diplomat said progress has been made in both sectoral and comprehensive cooperation, and dialogue and strategic partnership.
ASEAN Secretary-General Dato Lim Jock Hoi noted that India strongly supports ASEAN’s centrality in addressing regional and international issues, and plays an increasingly active part in the regional architecture.
Indonesia pledged that as the ASEAN Chair 2023, it will work to promote the ASEAN-India relationship.
Trade between ASEAN and India jumped from 5.8 billion USD in 1996 to 84.39 billion USD last year.
- ASEAN, UK boost trade cooperation
- ASEAN hails Vietnam’s chairmanship in COVID-19 response
- Cambodian PM, ASEAN Secretary-General talk regional matters
- ASEAN, EU look to expand higher education cooperation
- ASEAN strengthens partnership, innovation for disaster management
- India reviews continuation of FTA with ASEAN
- India PM to attend 18th ASEAN-India Summit
- ASEAN celebrates 53rd founding anniversary
- ASEAN ministers bolster human resource development