President Xi Jinping and his Lao counterpart Thongloun Sisoulith jointly inaugurate the China-Laos Railway via video link on Friday. (Photo/Xinhua)
NDO/VNA – Leaders of Laos and China pledged to further boost bilateral ties at their online meeting on December 3, according to the Lao Foreign Ministry.
The ministry said in a press release that during the meeting, Lao President Thongloun Sisoulith and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping had agreed to cooperate in economic development along the Laos-China railway route which was inaugurated the same day.
The two sides also agreed to increase collaboration at regional and international forums for both countries’ interests and in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
President Xi Jinping reiterated China’s commitment to supporting Laos in responding to the pandemic, and affirmed that bilateral cooperation has brought real benefits for people of both countries.
- Vietnam remains Laos third largest investor
- Laos will successfully achieve set targets: Vietnam PM
- President to pay official friendly visit to Laos next week
- Luang Prabang Governor: Laos-Vietnam ties growing
- Vietnam, Laos target more comprehensive, practical cooperation
- Vietnamese, Lao leaders agree on cooperation orientations
- Vietnam and Laos Top leaders hold phone talks
- Thai agriculture can take advantage of new Laos-China railway
- Lao Party leader wraps up Vietnam visit
- Vietnamese, Chinese leaders exchange greetings on diplomatic ties anniversary