Vietnam attends the 38th ASEAN Social Security Association Board Meeting. (Photo: baohiemxahoi.gov.vn)
NDO/VNA – The virtual 38th ASEAN Social Security Association (ASSA) Board Meeting, under the theme “Social protection in the face of digitalisation and economic uncertainties”, was held on November 25, connecting with 25 locations.
Deputy Director General of the Vietnam Social Security (VSS) Dao Viet Anh attended the event.
Following the opening ceremony, delegates attended the first session themed “COVID-19 and economic uncertainties: impact and policy responses” and the second themed “Digital Solutions for Social Protection”.
As scheduled on November 26, the ASSA Recognition award ceremony will be held. The VSS will be also honoured in the category of information technology with the launch of social security app VssID, which makes it easier for citizens to handle social and health insurance services quickly and conveniently. As of November 22, over 24.5 million Vietnamese installed the app, and 22.8 million of them logged in.
At the closing session, the meeting will adopt its agenda, transfer the ASSA’s symbol and documents to new Chair and Secretary General, and suggest the theme for the next meeting.
The ASSA was found in 1998 following the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement in Bangkok, Thailand on February 13 that year, involving heads of social security institutions from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Representatives from Laos and Vietnam also attended the signing ceremony as observers. Later that year, the VSS became a member of the ASSA.
- Vietnam attends ASEAN Banking Conference in Cambodia
- Vietnam attends virtual ASEAN Chief of Army Multilateral Meeting
- SOM meeting held in preparation for 38th, 39th ASEAN Summits
- Digital insurance application VssID launched
- 38th and 39th ASEAN Summits opens
- Vietnam attends 23rd ASEAN Political-Security Community Council Meeting
- Vietnam attends virtual ADSOM+ Working Group conference
- Lee & Man receives ASEAN typical award
- Vietnam attends 5th meeting of ASEAN-Germany DPC