People line up at a makeshift nucleic acid testing site near a residential compound under lockdown following local cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Chengdu, Sichuan province, China November 3, 2021. (Source: cnsphoto via Reuters)
Mainland China reported 55 new COVID-19 cases on Nov. 6, down from 78 a day earlier, the country's national health authority said on Saturday.
The National Health Commission said in its daily bulletin that 40 of the new cases were locally transmitted, down from 68 the previous day, with 16 in the northeast border province of Heilongjiang.
The number of new asymptomatic cases, which China does not classify as confirmed cases, stood at 27, down from 42 a day earlier.
Mainland China has reported 97,660 coronavirus cases, with 4,636 deaths.
- China reports 49 new coronavirus cases for Sept 19 vs 66 a day earlier
- China reports 21 new coronavirus cases for Aug 27 vs 32 day ago
- China sees big jump of new coronavirus cases
- Chinese mainland reports 55 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- China reports no new local COVID-19 cases for first time in over 3 weeks
- Chinese mainland reports 96 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- China reports no new local COVID-19 cases for first time since July
- Chinese mainland reports 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- China reported 22 new coronavirus cases in a single day, WHO warns pandemic is accelerating