At the ceremony (Photo: Indobalinews)
NDO/VNA – President Joko Widodo has said Indonesia will encourage concerted efforts to recover the world economy in accordance with the theme of “Recover Together, Recover Stronger” during its G20 presidency.
Addressing the ceremony to receive the G20 presidency from Italy on October 31, Jokowi affirmed that the acceleration of comprehensive, environmentally-friendly and sustainable growth with people placed at the centre is Indonesia’s key commitment during the tenure.
He said such efforts must be carried out via stronger international cooperation and ceaseless innovation.
On the occasion, the Indonesian President invited world leaders to the G20 Summit scheduled for October 30-31, 2022 in Bali.
- Indonesia could become world's 7th largest economy by 2030: President
- Indonesia expects record export turnover this year
- Indonesia, US commit to mutual beneficial cooperation
- Indonesia, FAO reaffirm stronger partnership for sustainable food systems
- Vietnam assumes UNSC Presidency for second time in 2020-2021 tenure
- Photo exhibition underway in Bali to mark 65th anniversary of Vietnam-Indonesia ties
- COVID-19: Laos works to tackle high number of arrivals, Indonesia extends social restrictions
- US President expects stronger cooperation with Vietnam to response to climate change
- Vietnam, Indonesia boost broadcasting cooperation