Distributing aid to people in Abu Duhur, Syria's Idlib. (Photo: AFP/VNA)
NDO/VNA – Ambassador Pham Hai Anh, Charge d’Affaires a.i. of Vietnam to the United Nations, affirmed his support for a Syrian led and Syrian owned political solution during a UN Security Council (UNSC) meeting on Syria situation on October 27.
The meeting was briefed by Geir Pedersen, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Syria, and Martin Griffiths, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator.
The Ambassador called on the parties concerned to engage constructively in dialogue and promote trust-building measures.
Voicing concerns over the volatile security situation, economic crisis, and the complexity of COVID-19 in Syria, he called for the acceleration of cooperation for maintaining humanitarian response efforts and pushing for post-pandemic recovery in the country.
- Vietnam affirms importance of humanitarian aid to Syrian people
- Vietnam Underscores Importance of Humanitarian Aid to Syrian Residents
- Vietnam calls for enhanced cooperation to address instability in Central African Republic, Syria
- Vietnam calls on international community to increase support to help Syria
- Vietnam chairs UNSC meeting on chemical weapons in Syria
- Vietnam urges respect for, full implementation of Chemical Weapons Convention
- Russia, Iran, Turkey adopt joint statement on Syria
- Vietnam affirms stance on condemning use of chemical weapons
- UNSC: Vietnam calls for efforts to ensure safety for civilians in Afghanistan