Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi (Photo: AFP/VNA)
NDO/VNA – Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will attend 18th ASEAN-India Summit to be held virtually on October 28 at the invitation of the Sultan of Brunei, informed the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
According to the ministry’s release on October 25, the summit will review the status of ASEAN-India Strategic Partnership and take stock of progress made in key areas including COVID-19 and health, trade and commerce, connectivity, and education and culture. Important regional and international developments, including post pandemic economic recovery, will also be discussed.
In addition, the Prime Minister will also attend the 16th East Asia Summit to be held virtually on October 27. India, as a founding member of the summit, is committed to strengthening and making it more effective in dealing with contemporary challenges. The summit is also an important platform for furthering practical cooperation in the Indo-Pacific by building upon the convergence between ASEAN Outlook on Indo-Pacific (AOIP) and Indo-Pacific Ocean's Initiative (IPOI).
At the event, participating leaders will discuss matters of regional and international interest and concern, including maritime security, terrorism prevention, and COVID-19 response cooperation. They are also expected to adopt declarations on mental health and economic recovery through tourism and green recovery, which are being co-sponsored by India.
- PM Pham Minh Chinh to attend 7th GMS Summit
- PM to attend online APEC Summit this week
- PM to attend ASEAN-China commemorative summit
- Prime Minister inspects preparations for 36th ASEAN Summit
- Top leader to address opening ceremony of 37th ASEAN Summit
- Prime Minister to attend online Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Summit
- Efforts made to strengthen ASEAN-China relations
- Vietnam prepared for hosting 37th ASEAN Summit
- The RCEP Agreement was signed online this week
- 37th ASEAN Summit: Opportunity to shape new future