Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh attends the 38th ASEAN Summit via videoconference on October 26 (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The 38th and 39th Summits of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and related meetings opened on October 26 under the chairmanship of Brunei – the country holding ASEAN chair in 2021.
The event took place virtually with a focus on the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and promoting economic recovery.
Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh attended the conference.
With the theme "We care, we prepare, we prosper", the ASEAN meetings are expected to discuss a number of issues including further strengthening the capacity of the ASEAN Community towards post-COVID-19 economic recovery, enhancing ASEAN's readiness to tackle common challenges, seizing new opportunities to pursue shared prosperity; while maintaining cooperation to achieve the long-term goals of the region.
The 38th and 39th ASEAN Summits and related meetings will last until October 28.
Along with ASEAN leader, the meetings see the participation of leaders of ASEAN dialogue partners, including China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, India, the United States, Australia, Russia, and representatives of other countries.
- ASEAN Summits and related meetings wrap up
- SOM meeting held in preparation for 38th, 39th ASEAN Summits
- Vietnam participates in ASEAN Summits actively, proactively: Deputy FM
- ASEAN needs recovery plan for interests of all member states
- Vietnam attends 38th ASEAN Social Security Association Board Meeting
- 37th ASEAN Summit and Related Summits Wrap Up Successfully
- 37th ASEAN Summit wraps up with record number of documents adopted
- Thailand to highlight multilateral cooperation at AMM-53
- PM hosts press conference on outcome of 37th ASEAN Summit
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc to chair 37th ASEAN Summit and related meetings