People wearing protective face masks walk on a street, following new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Shanghai, China August 25, 2021. (Photo: Reuters)
China reported 21 new confirmed coronavirus cases in the mainland for Aug. 27, down from 32 a day earlier, according to the National Health Commission on Saturday.
Only one of the cases was a locally transmitted infection in the southern Yunnan province, said the health authority, compared with two local infections the previous day.
China also reported 10 new asymptomatic coronavirus cases, which the country does not classify as confirmed infections. There were 22 a day earlier. No new deaths were reported.
As of Aug. 27, mainland China had recorded 94,786 confirmed cases, with a cumulative death toll unchanged at 4,636.
- China reports 49 new coronavirus cases for Sept 19 vs 66 a day earlier
- Mainland China reports 55 new COVID-19 cases vs 78 a day earlier
- China sees big jump of new coronavirus cases
- China reports no new local COVID-19 cases for first time in over 3 weeks
- China reports no new local COVID-19 cases for first time since July
- Chinese mainland reports 96 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Chinese mainland reports 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Chinese mainland reports 55 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- China reported 22 new coronavirus cases in a single day, WHO warns pandemic is accelerating