Pfizer Inc and partner BioNTech said on Thursday they had signed a deal with Brazil's Eurofarma Laboratorios SA to manufacture their COVID-19 vaccine for distribution within Latin America.
Eurofarma will start manufacturing finished doses beginning in 2022. The agreement does not cover the complicated process of mRNA drug substance production that will be done at Pfizer and BioNTech's US facilities.
Eurofarma is expected to produce more than 100 million finished doses annually at full operational capacity, Pfizer and BioNTech said.
Pfizer and BioNTech have so far shipped 1.3 billion doses of their two-shot vaccine across the world and aim to deliver 3 billion by the end of this year.
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year
- First Pfizer vaccine shipment to arrive in Vietnam tomorrow
- Philippines signs deal for 40 mln Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 doses
- Ministry allows use of Pfizer vaccine for those receiving AstraZeneca in first jab
- Brazil buys 100 million more doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine
- WHO issues first emergency use validation to BioNTech-Pfizer COVID vaccine
- First 100,000 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam on July 7
- The U.S will donate 1 million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses to Vietnam: Kamala Harris
- Urgent approval proposed for Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine