NDO/VNA – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has signed a proclamation declaring a 10-day period of national mourning in commemoration of his predecessor, Benigno Aquino III.
During the national mourning from June 24 to July 3, the national flag shall be flown at half-mast from sunrise to sunset on all government buildings and installations throughout the Philippines and abroad.
Former President Benigno Aquino III died on June 24 at the age of 61.
The funeral for him is scheduled to be held on June 25, while the burial service will be organised on June 26.
- Philippine President confident ASEAN will overcome COVID-19
- Special communiqué on former Party leader Le Kha Phieu’s passing away
- Mourning for former Party leader Le Kha Phieu held overseas
- Philippines President threatens to arrest those who refuse vaccination
- National funeral of Vietnam’s former Party chief begins
- State funeral for former Party chief Le Kha Phieu to be held August 14-15
- Death of ‘eternal’ Maradona plunges football world into mourning
- Former Party chief Le Kha Phieu lies in state for people to pay respects
- Duterte forbid Phillipines cabinet from speaking on South China Sea