Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy, Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the United Nations (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy, Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the United Nations (UN), has called for closer cooperation between the UN and the European Union (EU) on various issues, including mediation, confidence-building and the promotion of multilateralism.
Addressing the UN Security Council's meeting on UN-EU cooperation on June 10, Quy said that the strategic cooperation between the two sides has advanced in areas such as peace and security, sustainable development and economic growth.
The EU’s significant financial and personnel contributions to peacekeeping remain vital, he said.
According to the diplomat, no country can solve today’s complex challenges on its own, and it is necessary to seek solutions through multilateralism and partnerships, in which the UN plays a central role in coordinating international efforts, with important support of regional organisations.
He reiterated Vietnam’s successful organisation of a high-level open debate on cooperation between the UN and regional organisations in enhancing confidence-building and dialogue in conflict prevention and resolution in April.
The Vietnamese representative also informed participants of the constructive role of ASEAN in promoting peace, stability and development, and affirmed Vietnam’s commitment to fostering fine relations between ASEAN and the UN and the EU.
- Vietnam backs reconciliation, economic development efforts in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Vietnam calls for more dialogues to solve challenges in Central Africa
- Vietnam calls for all-level implementation of UNSC’s youth, peace, security resolutions
- Vietnam chairs UNSC briefing on Kosovo
- Vietnam calls for support for Guinea-Bissau
- Colombian Ambassador Vietnam demonstrates ability to balance and act at UNSC
- Vietnam affirms commitments in promoting multilateralism
- Vietnam hopes to strengthen cooperation with Surinam and Bolivia in all fields
- Vietnam calls for UNSC’s leadership in fighting COVID-19