According to Skymet Weather, during the next 24 hours, moderate to heavy rains are likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The northeast monsoon will remain weak over southern peninsular India for the next 2-3 days.
Light to moderate rains are expected over South Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Madhya Maharashtra, Vidarbha, Marathwada, South-Eastern Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, and Northeast states.
|Photo: Hindustan Times|
Light rain may occur at one or two places in Bihar, Gangetic West Bengal and Lakshadweep. While light rain is expected in the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir.
In northwest India, the minimum temperature will be below normal. Cold conditions will persist over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, and parts of North Rajasthan.
“The minimum temperature is expected to drop from Sunday and we are expecting a sharp drop on Monday. The night temperature in Kolkata is expected to go down below the 20 degrees Celsius mark. This would be, however, temporary,” the India Meteorological Department (IMD) reported.
“While moisture-laden winds are gushing in because of the formation of a cyclonic circulation over the sea near Tamil Nadu, north-westerly winds are bringing in cold and dry winds. Under the influence of these two clouds formed triggering some rain,” said Banerjee.
From Sunday, the flow of cold and dry winds from northwest and north would increase resulting in the drop in the mercury level. On Monday, there could be a sharp drop in temperature, Hindustan Times reported.
“The temperature in the western parts of the state, in districts such as Purulia and Bankura, will drop to around 14 degrees,” said the official.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) also forecasted that heavy rainfall is likely to occur at isolated places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Dense fog also cover odisha and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura. Besides, strong winds set to prevail over Equatorial Indian Ocean & adjoining central parts of South Bay of Bengal and over southwest 7 adjoining westcentral Arabian Sea.
- India weather forecast latest November 18 Winter chill to set in with a fall in minimum temperature
- India weather forecast latest November 15 Heavy rains set to be recorded at some places
- India weather forecast latest November 14 Bearing a gradual increase in minimum temperature in some parts
- India weather forecast latest November 21 Winter arrives early recording temperatures under 10 degree Celsius
- India weather forecast latest November 17 Scattered light to moderate rains set to cover interior of some areas
- India weather forecast latest November 19 Temperature dips as a fresh spell of snow sets to come
- India weather forecast latest November 20 Temperatures continue to fall as pollution level rises in Delhi
- India weather forecast latest November 13 Thunderstorm with lightning to batter some isolated places
- India weather forecast latest November 16 Rain sets to improve the Air Quality Index