According to Hindustan Times, parts of northwest India have started recording a fall in both day and night temperatures following snowfall and rain in the Western Himalayas over the weekend.
In Delhi, the minimum temperature recorded on Thursday fell to 9.5 degrees C, 3 degrees below normal (till 6.30 am). Minimum temperature in Delhi on Wednesday was 10.6 degrees C, 2 degrees C below normal and the maximum temperature was 25.4 degrees C, 2 degrees C below normal.
Chandigarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Rohtak and other cities and towns recorded a fall in maximum temperature by 2-3 degrees C compared to normal but haven’t started recording any fall in minimum temperatures yet.
“The temperature will continue to fall in the coming days. This is both the impact of the snowfall over western Himalayas and temperature falling gradually as we head towards winter. In Delhi, minimum temperature is likely to be below 10 degree C in the next few days,” said Kuldeep Shrivastava, head, regional weather forecasting centre.
|Photo: Hindustan Times|
India Meteorological Department on Wednesday said a cyclonic circulation is lying over southeast and adjoining southwest Arabian Sea and a trough (area of low pressure) runs from this cyclonic circulation to Comorin area. Under its influence, widespread rainfall accompanied with thunderstorm, lightning and heavy rainfall is likely over Kerala and Lakshadweep on November 18 and 19.
Due to this system, a low-pressure area is likely to form over central parts of South Arabian Sea around November 19. It is very likely to move west-north-westwards and concentrate into a Depression over central parts of South Arabian sea and adjoining central Arabian sea during subsequent 48 hours according to IMD’s Wednesday bulletin.
According to Skymet Weather, during the next 24 hours, moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers are expected over Lakshadweep.
Rain activities will now reduce over South Peninsula. Light to moderate rain with one or two intense spells may occur over Kerala, coastal Karnataka, and south Tamil Nadu.
Light rain with one or two moderate spells are expected over remaining parts of Tamil Nadu, south interior Karnataka, and Rayalaseema. Isolated light rains are possible over Northeast India and northern parts of Jammu and Kashmir.
|Photo: Weather Online|
Minimum temperatures are expected to drop over Northwest Central and East India by 1 to 2 to degree Celsius. Delhi Pollution will remain in moderate category over many places. There may be gradual increase in pollution levels now.
- India weather forecast latest November 14 Bearing a gradual increase in minimum temperature in some parts
- India weather forecast latest November 19 Temperature dips as a fresh spell of snow sets to come
- India weather forecast latest November 18 Winter chill to set in with a fall in minimum temperature
- Heat wave sends temperature up to 42 degrees Celsius in northern, central regions
- Northern region sees much below normal temperature
- Hanoi experiences blazing hot weather
- Sapa weather forecast: Temperatures to plummet in cold snap very soon
- Sapa experiences strong cold weather
- Northern Vietnam suffers longest heat wave in 49 years