According to the Ministry of Health, today morning, the country recorded 5 more imported cases of COVID-19, all of them are currently isolated and treated. Total number of COVID-19 cases has been raised to1,288. The number of people having close contact with or passing through epidemic areas is 16,125, all of them are under quarantine and health monitoring.
Regarding the treatment situation, according to the report of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, so far the country has cured 1,124 out of 1,288 COVID-19 patients. Among those undergoing treatment, the number of first-time negative for SARS-CoV-2 virus was 8; second-time was 11, and third-time was 15. The death toll stays at 35.
The day before yesterday, a Vietjet Air plane brought nearly 360 Vietnamese citizens back home from Japan. On the day, nearly 240 citizens were repatriated from the Republic of Korea (RoK) on another flight of this carrier. The passengers included children under 18, pregnant women, the ill, workers with expired labor contracts, students without accommodations, and others in extremely disadvantaged circumstances, the Vietnam Times, a local media reported.
The Vietnamese Embassies sent staff to the airports to assist the passengers with boarding procedures.
In-flight safety and preventive measures against the COVID-19 pandemic were rigorously enforced to protect the passengers’ health and prevent the spread of the disease. All passengers and crew members received medical check-ups and were sent to quarantine in line with regulations upon arrival at Cam Ranh and Da Nang airports, according to Vietnam Times.
- COVID-19 Updates (November 18): 5 fresh imported cases, raising total tally to 1288
- Coronavirus: three new cases imported, the toll drops to 1148
- Vietnam records nine more imported COVID-19 cases
- Sixteen more imported COVID-19 cases recorded on Nov. 15 evening
- Four new imported cases of COVID-19 raise total to 1177
- Coronavirus: Vietnam registers eight new imported cases
- Ten new imported COVID-19 cases recorded on November 3
- COVID-19 Updates in Vietnam (July 8): Only 15 patients left under treatment
- COVID-19 positive cases down to 11