Tien Son field hospital was set up at Tien Son Stadium in Hai Chau District in early August when a Covid-19 outbreak was detected in Danang. It has 500 beds and hundreds of doctors and nurses.
Tran Thanh Thuy, deputy director of Danang Department of Health, acted as the hospital’s director and Do Ngoc Son from Hanoi’s Bach Mai Hospital acted as the deputy director. However, the hospital has never had to receive any patients as the outbreak was controlled very quickly in Danang and no community cases have been detected since.
On September 23, the last Covid-19 patient in Danang was discharged from Hoa Vang Hospital.
Danang Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control already proposed to close Tien Son Field Hospital in early October.
The directors of the Department of Health, Department of Construction, Department of Internal Affairs, Department of Finance and Department of Natural Resources and Environment will deal with remaining issues and given tasks as the hospital closes.
This article was published on Dan Tri International.
- Danang field hospital closed as no new Covid-19 patients detected
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- COVID-19 Updates (July 31): Vietnam confirmed 45 new patients
- Danang C Hospital reopened after two weeks of lockdown
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Danang man tested positive for Covid-19 sees worse health
- Da Nang’s Hoa Vang field hospital ready to treat COVID-19 patients
- Hanoi hospital locked-down following Covid case