The national capital’s AQI improved to 325 on Monday morning from 395 on Sunday evening, Hindustan Times reported. An AQI between 401 and 500 and 301 and 400 is considered in the “very poor” and “severe” category, respectively.
According to Skymet Weather, during the next 24 hours, light to moderate rain and snowfall with isolated heavy spell may occur over hills of Western Himalayas including Uttarakhand.
Light to moderate rain and thundershowers are also possible over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, West Uttar Pradesh, North Madhya Pradesh, and parts of North Rajasthan.
In India, moderate to heavy rains are possible over the South coast of Andhra Pradesh and coastal Tamil Nadu. Scattered light to moderate rains are expected over interior Tamil Nadu, Kerala, South interior Karnataka, and Rayalaseema.
According to IMD, a trough in easterlies runs from Comorin area to southwest Bay of Bengal & adjoining west-central Bay of Bengal off Tamilnadu & south Andhra Pradesh coast at lower levels. Under its influence, scattered to fairly widespread rainfall accompanied by thunderstorm & lightning and isolated heavy fall is very likely over Tamil Nadu, Puducherry & Karaikal from 16th to 18th; Coastal Andhra Pradesh on 16th and Kerala on 17th & 18th November 2020.
|Parliament building engulfed in smog post 'Diwali' celebrations, in New Delhi on November 15. (PTI)|
The Western Disturbance now lies as a cyclonic circulation over north Pakistan and neighborhood at 3.1 km above mean sea level with a trough aloft roughly along Long. 70oE and to the north of Lat.26oN. The Induced cyclonic circulation over south Pakistan & adjoining West Rajasthan at lower levels persists. Under the influence of the Western Disturbance, induced cyclonic circulation and its interaction with lower-level easterlies.
Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall accompanied by a thunderstorm, hailstorm and lightning are very likely over Punjab Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi, West Uttar Pradesh, Noth Rajasthan, Northwest Madhya Pradesh on today, the 16th November 2020.
Minimum temperatures are very likely to rise by 2-3 Celcius degrees over northwest and central India during the next 2 days and fall by 2-4 Celcius degree thereafter.
Additionally, heavy rainfall is likely to occur at isolated places over Kerala and Tamilnadu, Puducherry & Karaikal. Thunderstorm with lightning is very likely to come at isolated places over Rayalaseema, Tamilnadu, Puducherry & Karaikal, Kerala and Mahe, and Lakshadweep.
- India weather forecast latest November 15 Heavy rains set to be recorded at some places
- India weather forecast latest December 12 Rainfall to cover at some places in Kerala southern interior Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
- India weather forecast latest November 18 Winter chill to set in with a fall in minimum temperature
- India weather forecast latest December 8 Widespread rain and snow to cover some places
- India weather forecast latest December 5 Cyclone Burevi weakens into deep depression heavy rain in isolated places over South coast of Tamil Nadu
- India weather forecast latest, November 30: Air quality remains between moderate and poor range
- India weather forecast latest December 17 Heavy rainfall to cover some isolated places
- India weather forecast latest December 1 Another storm sets to hit Tamil Nadu and Kerala
- India weather forecast latest November 13 Thunderstorm with lightning to batter some isolated places
- India weather forecast latest November 29 Weather remains dry with cold wave continues