This compared with 18 confirmed cases a day earlier, 9 of which were in Beijing. Reuters reported.
Authorities are restricting movement of people in the capital and stepping up other measures to prevent the virus from spreading following a series of local infections.
According to Reuters, Another seven asymptomatic COVID-19 patients, those who are infected but show no symptoms, were reported for June 22, the same as a day earlier. China does not count these patients as confirmed cases.
Worldwide coronavirus cases top 9 million as WHO warns pandemic is accelerating.
Global coronavirus infections topped 9 million on yesterday as the World Health Organization warned that the pandemic was accelerating.
Record levels of new daily Covid-19 cases are due to the fact that the outbreak is peaking in a number of big countries at the same time and reflect a change in the virus’ global activity, the WHO added.
Also read: WHO reports largest single-day increase in coronavirus cases
At a media briefing on Monday, WHO’s emergencies chief Dr. Michael Ryan said that “the numbers are increasing because the epidemic is developing in a number of populous countries at the same time.”
The spike in infections increased nervousness in global markets, which mostly fell on Monday on news of a worrying jump in fresh cases in several US states including California, Texas and Florida.
- China sees big jump of new coronavirus cases
- China confirms 10 new COVID-19 cases in a single day as Xi says his country was open in handling of the virus
- COVID-19: WHO warns worst yet to come
- China warns of unknown pneumonia deadlier than COVID-19
- Global coronavirus deaths ?top 900000 as worldwide cases topped 27.7 million
- Coronavirus updates: Cases rise in China, South Korea and Egypt
- Vietnam goes through 68 straight days with no community COVID-19 infections