According to the
DTINews , early this morning, Sapa Town’s temperature fell to 12 degrees centigrade.
Engineer Luu Minh Hai, director of Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting Centre, said that this is an abnormal weather phenomenon, which is also a signal for the winter to come earlier than usual.
At 7:00 this morning, the temperature in Bac Ha District’s Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting Station was measured at 20 degrees centigrade.
Many local people even had to wear warm clothes. Lots of visitors were also excited at the cold weather.
On September 4 Sapa Town’s temperature decreased to 12.9 degrees centigrade, the lowest during the first ten-day period of September since 1957.
Tonight, Sapa’s temperature has been forecasted to slightly fall, reported the DTINews .
Go sightseeing Sapa in the winter is a very enjoyable experience
Sapa is a small, mountain town in Lao Cai Province. It is located about 350 km northwest of Hanoi, close to the Chinese border. Here’s where you’ll find the Hoang Lien Son range of mountains, which includes Fan Si Pan—the country’s highest peak.
This quiet Vietnamese town is home to different ethnic tribal groups. There are five main ethnic groups in Sapa: the Hmong, Dao, Tay, Giay and Xa Pho. It is said that Sapa was first occupied by the first four groups, since the Vietnamese from the lowlands (better known as the Kinh) did not colonize the highest valleys.
These days, Sapa welcomes a diverse range of visitors, attracted by the highland tribes, iconic rice paddies and forest treks. The whole area is blessed with awe-inspiring natural beauty.
- Sapa experiences strong cold weather
- Snow forecasted to hit Mount Fansipan
- Northern region to face another cold spell
- Snow forecasted to blanket Sapa this winter
- Northern region to experience another bone-chilling cold weather
- Frost forecasted for northern mountainous areas this weekend
- Northern region of Vietnam would face another strong cold wave
- Northern region of Vietnam forecasted to face another strong cold spell
- The northern and central regions of Vietnam experience the extremely hot weather
- Snow blankets Mount Fansipan