Individuals in this qualifying group may exit Vietnam during this period without having to apply for an extension of stay.
Related: Vietnam offers another automatic visa extension until end of August
Every foreigner, who stays in the country during the period of being “automatic extension of temporary stay” must declare temporary residence and medical declaration according to regulations.
Due to the current social distancing measures in force in Da Nang, the city’s immigration office is temporarily closed until at least August 11; Vietnamese immigration authorities have informed us that, foreigners in Da Nang with visas that expire during Da Nang’s immigration office closure will not be considered overstays.
For further information, please see the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security’s website here (in Vietnamese only) or contact the Immigration Department at +84243.9387320 (North), +84283.9200365 (South).
Also read: Vietnam grants automatic visa extension for foreigners until July 31 free of charge
For the U.S. citizens, the U.S. Embassy Hanoi and Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City may issue exit letters in support of U.S. citizens who entered Vietnam before March 1, 2020, and can present concrete plans to exit Vietnam by August 31.
However, the Embassy and Consulate can in no way sponsor U.S. citizens during their stay in Vietnam. U.S. citizens may request an Exit Letter by following the instructions here.
- Automatic extention of Vietnam visa until June 30
- Vietnam grants automatic visa extension for foreigners until July 31 free of charge
- Free stay permit waivers extended until September 30
- Free stay permit waivers extended until October 31
- Foreigners in Thailand can apply for visa extensions after July 31st
- Vietnam extends temporary stay permits for foreigners as Covid 19 continues
- Vietnam extends free stay permit waivers until November 30
- Vietnam allows one more month for stranded tourists