‘Banh mi pha lau’ (baguette filled with cow offal) is an exotic street food thanks to the unique filling.
What make this dish unique are the chewy pieces that are yet soft enough to melt in your mouth.
Each vendor has a unique way of cooking the innards.
However, chefs in Ha Tien town, Kien Giang province, cook them with coconut milk to give the dish a sweetish taste.
- List of Hanoi street food: Salty or sweet?
- Beef meatball noodle soup in Chau Doc Town
- Phu Yen-style chicken rice
- Roast duck with honey
- 7 must-try cuisines in Vietnam’s coastal cities
- Dishes from clams, a highlight in Việt Nam’s cuisine
- Vietnamese brothers’ ‘banh mi’ stores a crowd-pleaser in Japan
- 7 must try cuisines in Vietnam s coastal cities
- 6 super banh mi to try in Vietnam
- Unique traditional craft of soya sauce making in Ban village