NDO – Functional agencies conducted rapid mass testing for COVID-19 at Hai Ba Trung District’s health centre on July 30 for the residents of the district who had visited Da Nang City.
The tests, which were conducted following direction of the Chairman of Hanoi municipal People’s Committee, targets those who returned from Da Nang from July 8 and those who made contact with Patient 447, a 23-year-old man living in Hanoi’s Nam Tu Liem District, and Patient 459, a 76-years-old man living in Tay Ho District.
A medical worker sprays disinfection the welcoming-area for citizens who get tested.
People wait in line at a distance of two metres from each other to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
People were asked to bring their personal belongings so that they may be quarantined immediately if their quick test results are positive, said doctor Tran Thi Phuong Anh, Deputy Director of Hai Ba Trung District’s health centre.
Wearing face masks, people must have their temperature checked and wash their hands before getting tested.
They are also requested to fill out health declaration forms.
Citizens have their samples taken by health workers.
Those who have negative results will return home and continue self-isolation for 14 days. Positive cases will take throat swab samples, which will be sent to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If the results are still positive, such citizens will immediately be transferred to the concentrated isolation area.
Nearly 100 people went to get tested on the evening of July 30.
Health staff take samples from people using the Republic of Korea’s (RoK) rapid test kits.
The kits show test results in 15 minutes.
As of July 31 morning, Hanoi has recorded two more COVID-19 cases, a 23-year-old man in Nam Tu Liem District and a 76-year-old man in Hoang Hoa Tham Street, Ho Tay District. They reportedly have contracted the disease in Da Nang, now Vietnam’s COVID-19 hotspot.
Photo credit: Ha Nam
- Hanoi conducts mass PCR tests for returnees from Da Nang
- Hanoi speeds up PCR testing for returnees from Da Nang
- COVID-19: Hanoi scrambles to test returnees from Da Nang hotspot
- Over 70,600 Hanoians returnees from Da Nang test negative for COVID-19
- Hanoi plans to conduct extensive PCR testing for returnees from Da Nang
- Hanoi begins RT-PCR testing for 75,000 people returning from Da Nang
- One suspect case of COVID-19 reported in Da Nang
- Hanoi plans to finish zoning to stamp out COVID-19 by mid-August
- Special task force established to deal with COVID-19 in Da Nang