NDO – Three hundred Heroic Vietnamese Mothers, representing nearly 5,000 surviving mothers across the country, arrived in the capital city of Hanoi to attend a programme to honour Heroic Vietnamese Mothers in 2020.
The country has now 4,968 surviving mothers amongst the total 139,000 Heroic Vietnamese Mothers.
This year’s programme aimed to meet and honour the Heroic Vietnamese Mothers who have silently contributed greatly to national construction and defence.
Their blood relatives sacrificed their lives for national independence.
On the occasion, Nhan Dan (People’s) Newspaper reporters captured the portrait of Heroic Vietnamese Mothers who arrived in Hanoi to attend the honouring event.
96-year-old Heroic Vietnamese Mother Nguyen Thi Be, from Duc Xuan ward, Bac Kan city in the province of the same name, has two children who heroically but sadly were bestowed with the title of “fallen soldiers”.
Heroic Vietnamese Mother Le Thi Chi, 92 years old, from Thanh Binh ward, Hai Chau district, Da Nang city.
82-year-old mother Duong Thi Cham from Tran De district, Soc Trang province.
Two children of 90-year-old heroic mother Nguyen Thi Cuc, who comes from Nam Thanh commune, Tien Hai district, Thai Binh province, are fallen soldiers.
Mother Nguyen Thi Sanh, 91, from Binh Trung commune, Binh Son district, Quang Nam province. Her two children are fallen soldiers.
Heroic Vietnamese Mother Vo Thi Tang, 84, from Cam Thanh commune, Hoi An city, Quang Nam province, has three children bestowed with the “fallen soldiers” title.
Mother Tran Thi Phuong, 102, comes from Phu Linh commune, Soc Son district, Hanoi.
Heroic Vietnamese Mother Loc Thi Ban is an 89-year-old Thai ethnic minority woman from Nam Dong commune, Quan Hoa district, Thanh Hoa. Her husband and son are fallen soldiers.
Mother Nguyen Thi Luu, 84, from An Phu commune, Tinh Binh district, An Giang province.
91-year-old Heroic Vietnamese Mother Ta Thi Ky comes from Go Quao district, Kien Giang province.
Photo credit: DANG KHOA
- Programme to honour Vietnamese heroic mothers
- Vietnamese Heroic Mother receives son‚Äôs remains after five decades
- Hanoi leaders pay tribute to ancestors, President Ho Chi Minh and heroic martyrs
- Flood in Central Vietnam: 18 expectant mothers give birth in inundated hospital
- Government to gift over US$14 million to contributors to revolution
- Global Handwashing Day - “Hand hygiene for ALL”
- Bomb and mine victims in Quang Binh get livelihood support
- Empower families to take control of their financial future