HCMC – The DanzINC Contemporary Dance Festival 2022, one of the biggest dance festivals in Asia, will be held in Vietnam for the first time on November 3 and 4.
The festival is jointly organized in HCMC and Singapore by the Saigon Contemporary & Ballet Dance (SCBC) and the Singapore-based theatre, Odyssey Dance Theatre (ODT).
The show in Vietnam will feature famous dancers, such as the winners and runner-ups of the reality TV show “So You Think You Can Dance” in Vietnam.
Dao Minh Vu, representative of SCBC, said that the festival in Vietnam would offer a good chance for dance groups and choreographers to learn from each other and introduce their works to the world.
Danny Tan, director of the ODT, said that the cooperation was a chance for the two countries to strengthen their cultural exchange.
Moreover, he expressed his wish to help introduce the talented dancers of SCBC to the world.
The DanzINC Festival, held twice a year, was initiated by the ODT, and has now been considered the cultural ambassador of Singapore in many countries in the Asia Pacific, Europe and the U.S.
Over 18 years, the DanzINC contemporary dance festival has garnered an outpouring of support from audiences and international celebrities in several countries via their tours and cross-culture programs in Germany, Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Singapore.
Tickets range from VND500,0000 to VND1,100,000.
- HCM City dance festival to open this week
- New contemporary dance on life challenges to be staged
- Contemporary dancers perform Antigone
- VieOn releases TV reality show Street Dance of China
- New dance performance premieres on YouTube
- Performance blended contemporary dance with traditional art presented in Hanoi
- Vietnamese dancer to compete on TV reality show Street Dance of China
- Café Saigon returns to HCM City Opera House
- Hoan Kiem lake pedestrian space bustling with Dragon Dance Festival