At the festival (Photo: NDO)
NDO – The fourth Ngoc Linh Ginseng Festival officially opened in Tra Mai commune, Nam Tra My district, in the central province of Quang Nam on August 1, as part of activities during the National Tourism Year - Quang Nam 2022.
The three-day festival features various activities in different terms of trade promotion, culture and arts and folk games of ethnic minority people in Nam Tra My district.
The festival aims to promote the values of Ngoc Linh ginseng, a precious and rare medicinal plant with a high economic value in Vietnam.
In June 2017, Ngoc Linh ginseng was named on the list of national products by the Prime Minister.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vice Chairman of Quang Ngai provincial People’s Committee Ho Quang Buu said the Ngoc Linh Ginseng Festival is an event of great significance for Nam Tra My district, stimulating the consumption of Ngoc Linh ginseng towards contributing to the socio-economic development of Nam Tra My district in particular and Quang Nam province in general.
He also noted that Nam Tra My district’s authorities have been encouraging and instructing local people to protect the original genetic source of Ngoc Linh ginseng while creating favourable conditions to develop the ginseng for exports.
- Cor ethnic people dedicated to protecting the forest
- Quang Nam man in critical condition following bear attack
- Festival promotes culture and tourism of Hanoian district
- Border Hoa Sim Festival promotes the Mong Cai tourism industry
- Lam Dong hosts culture and sports festival of ethnic minority groups
- Central Highlands ethnic cultural festival to be held in May
- Two ‘ginseng women’ of alum land from the Southwest
- Island district’s century-old boat racing festival becomes Vietnam’s national heritage
- 2020 Mau Son Tourism Festival launched