At the border Hoa Sim Festival 2022
NDO – The first Border Hoa Sim (Rose myrtle) Festival took place in Hai Son commune, Mong Cai city, Quang Ninh province, from May 14-15, which contributes to promoting the development of Mong Cai’s tourism industry, especially traditional education and community tourism.
Remarks were made by Nguyen Thu Huong, Vice Chairman of Mong Cai City People's Committee. The border Hoa Sim Festival is one of the attractive tourism products, featuring the characteristics of the land, people, history and culture of Mong Cai, she added.
The event is part of activities responding to the National Tourism Year, promoting Mong Cai’s tourism and marking the 132nd birthday anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh.
This is the first year that Mong Cai city organised the Border Hoa Sim Festival in association with community tourism development activities in Hai Son commune, thereby contributing not only to preserving and promoting the cultural values of ethnic minority groups in Mong Cai city, but it is also a way to bring people here to participate in community tourism activities, increase income and improve living standards.
Within the framework of the festival, many unique and attractive cultural and sports activities, featuring the characteristics of the traditional ethnic culture of the ethnic community of Hai Son commune, such as Po Hen market, folk games, a cake wrapping contest, culinary exchanges and community tourism tours.
- Lai Chau gears up for third Mong Ethnic Culture Festival
- Flower festival will showcase Mông culture
- Agricultural exports through Mong Cai border gate soar sharply
- Over 1 million tonnes of goods handled at Mong Cai Border Gate
- Xa Tac temple festival in the border area
- Festival promotes tourism in HCMC, Mekong Delta
- A food and tourism festival will take place in Nha Trang city
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- Festival promotes culture and tourism of Hanoian district