The national flag carrier said in a release to airfare agents that it plans to fly to South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and several Southeast Asian destinations.
In South Korea, it plans to operate daily return flights between Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City and the Incheon International Airport near Seoul and up to four return flights a week between Hanoi/HCMC and Busan City.
The airline is also planning three to four return flights a week from Hanoi and HCMC to Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Laos and Cambodia are also possible destinations, it said.
Vietnam Airlines CEO Duong Tri Thanh stressed that this was only a plan that depended on permission from the Vietnamese government.
“Vietnam Airlines is ready to resume flights as soon as the restrictions are lifted,” he said, adding that Japan was another possible destination.
The national flag carrier is the first one in Vietnam to announce plans to resume international flights after a hiatus of three months due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Vietnam has allowed resumption of domestic flights resume since April, but is yet to announce specific plans for resumption of international flights.
The government has said it is considering allowing flights to destinations that have had no new Covid-19 cases for at least 30 days, including Tokyo, Seoul, Guangzou, Taiwan and Laos.
Vietnam has gone nearly two months without community transmission of the novel coronavirus. It has confirmed 332 Covid-19 cases so far, of whom 320 have recovered.
Reported by Anh Tu, @ Vnexpress
- Vietnam Airlines eyes July resumption of international flights
- Vietnam Airlines to reopen international air routes starting from July 1
- T’Way Airlines to resume flights from HCM City
- T’way Airlines to resume one-way flights from Vietnam to Korea
- Vietnam Airlines resumes international flights from September 18
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan
- Vietnam transport ministry to issue licenses for airlines operating international flights
- Vietnam Airlines to resume flights between Van Don and Da Nang
- Vietnam Airlines reopens international flights from July 1
- Vietnamese carriers prepare to resume int‚Äôl flights