Vietnamese carriers have opened ticket sales to several locations including the U.S., Japan and Taiwan, signaling the resumption of international travel on New Year’s day, local media reported.
Vietnam Airlines is offering tickets between Ho Chi Minh city and Phnom Penh in Cambodia; From Hanoi to Tokyo and from Ho Chi Minh city to San Francisco. The website showed, all flights are scheduled for January 1, 5 and 9, respectively.
One way ticket from HCMC to Phnom Penh in Cambodia starting at VND2.736 million
Even though Vietnam Airlines has received permission from the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) to reopen flights on these routes, the national flag carrier is not offering tickets to Singapore and Taipei yet,
Meanwhile, Bamboo Airways offers one way tickets from Hanoi to Taipei, once a week starting January 5. Round-trip tickets are not available at this point.
Bamboo Airways offers one way tickets from Hanoi to Taipei, once a week starting January 5.
So far, Vietnam requires international arrivals to test Covid-19 negative and have certificates of vaccination or Covid-19 recovery. They will also need to isolate themselves for three days after arrival at a location of their choice.
Anyone, who is not fully vaccinated will need to guarantee that they will isolate themselves for at least seven days at an approved location or at home.
Vietnam has approved the resumption of international flight routes to Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Cambodia and the U.S, with each domestic airline allowed to operate four flights a week on each route.
The country closed its borders and grounded international flights in March 2020, allowing in only citizens, foreign experts, investors, and highly-skilled workers coming in on special flights, VNExpress reported.
- 1,800 airline passengers arriving in Vietnam on first 3 days as regular international flights resumed
- Vietnam Airlines opens ticket sales to many other international destinations
- Preparations for the resumption of international flights
- CAAV blows whistle on Bamboo Airways for excessive ticket sale
- Airlines asked to quicken refund of tickets due to COVID-19
- Vietnam Airlines to reopen international air routes starting from July 1
- Vietnam Airlines offers over 2 million tickets for Tet
- It’s official: Vietnam resumes international commercial flights, tickets now available
- Local airlines urged to tackle mass flight cancellations amid Covid-19 concern
- Vietnamese airlines open 2021 Tet sales