A corner of Hoi An at night (Photo: Getty Images)
Hoi An claimed the top position with a score of 90.52 out of the total 100, which was attributed to its eclectic architecture, energetic nightlife, flowing canals, culture, heritage and food.
It was followed by Chiang Mai (Thailand), Kyoto (Japan), Udaipur (India), Luang Prabang (Laos), Ubud (Indonesia), Bangkok (Thailand), Jaipur (India), Tokyo (Japan), Siem Reap (Cambodia), Singapore, Kolkata (India), Seoul (the Republic of Korea), Taipei (China), and Hong Kong (China).
Hoi An is a well-known travel destination in Vietnam. The ancient city was named as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999.
- Hoi An named best city in Asia by Travel & Leisure
- Hoi An among world’s top 25 cities
- Hoi An enters top 15 cities in Asia
- Hoi An retains in the list of Asia s best cities
- Hoi An retains in the list of Asia’s best cities
- Vietnam named as Asia’s Leading Culinary Destination 2020
- Vietnam Travel Guide: How To Get To Vietnam
- Reader’s Digest talks up Ha Long Bay
- The Reverie Saigon in HCMC listed among best hotels in Asia