Vietnamese delegates attend the online meeting in Hanoi. (Photo: National Administration of Tourism)
NDO - Deputy Director General of the National Administration of Tourism Ha Van Sieu expressed his belief that the Vietnam and Cambodia’s tourism industry will soon overcome difficulties caused by the pandemic and quickly restore domestic and international tourism activities.
He made the remarks at the second meeting of the Vietnam-Cambodia Tourism Joint Working Group held on November 26 to discuss the possibility of cooperation in restoring and restarting tourism between the two nations.
Speaking at the meeting, Director General of Tourism Development and International Cooperation of the Cambodian Ministry of Tourism Thong Rathsak, said that Cambodia has fully vaccinated more than 90% of the population within the prescribed age. With those efforts, Cambodia's Ministry of Tourism allows fully vaccinated international tourists to enter Cambodia through all international border gates (including land, air and sea) from November 15.
He noted that domestic tourism in Cambodia is being encouraged and promoted, adding that from November 18-21, the country's water festival attracted about 1.15 million domestic visitors, including about 15,000 foreigners living and working in Cambodia.
Meanwhile, Deputy Director General of the National Administration of Tourism Ha Van Sieu said that the pandemic is under good control in Vietnam and the country is accelerating the vaccination rate to achieve herd immunity for about 70% of the population, being fully vaccinated by the end of 2021.
Regarding international tourism, Vietnam has piloted the reception of international tourists to five localities including Phu Quoc (Kien Giang), Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa), Da Nang, Quang Ninh and Quang Nam as of this November.
Cambodia has also resumed international tourism since November, which is a very favourable condition for the two sides to exchange tourists and restore international tourism activities, Sieu noted.
- Vietnam wants to receive UNWTO's support for tourism recovery
- Post-COVID-19: Outlook for tourism between Vietnam and Indenbsp
- Cambodia's tourism sees fast recovery despite Omicron
- National Forum on Domestic Tourism 2021 opens
- The 2020 International Tourism Fair is moving towards digital
- Deputy PM chairs meeting to re-energise pandemic-hit tourism industry
- HCMC continues to promote trans-regional tourism
- More tourism promotion programs launched in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hanoi adjusts plan to stimulate tourism demand