Vietnam will resume international flights from 15 countries starting from December, nine months after they were suspended due to COVID-19, the government says.
“Vietnam is expected to start reopening international routes in early December, including flights to Japan,” Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said during talks with Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio in Tokyo, as quoted in a government statement.
Chinh, who left Tokyo on Thursday following a four-day visit, also said Vietnam and Japan are considering recognizing each country’s respective vaccine passports.
Related: Vietnam is getting ready to reopen international flights from next month
Vietnam suspended all international flights at the end of March last year to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
According to a proposal submitted by Vietnam’s Transport Ministry early this month, Vietnamese and foreigners from 15 countries and territories – namely China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, France, Germany, Russia, Australia and the United Kingdom – will be able to fly to Vietnam.
In order to enter the country, passengers must be fully vaccinated or possess a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 and a negative test result 72 hours before arriving.
Arrivals will also be required to self-quarantine and have their health monitored for at least seven days. The government will consider allowing citizens from other countries to enter Vietnam in the second quarter of 2022.
As of November 25, Vietnam had administered a single COVID-19 vaccine dose to more than 68.5 million people out of a total population of 98 million.
The data showed, more than 46 million people in the country are fully vaccinated.
Australian Associated Press’s Bac Pham reported.
- Vietnam is getting ready to reopen international flights from next month
- Ministry proposes reopening international flights in August
- Vietnam getting ready to resume international flights
- International commercial flights resumed from September 15
- Vietnam to resume international flights from August
- International flights could resume in early August
- Vietnam considers resuming international flights to safe destinations
- Vietnam considers resuming international flights to Asian destinations
- Russia to resume international flights to Vietnam and other countries