Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi has been proclaimed one of “The 101 Most Incredible Hotels in the World” for 2022 by Fodor’s Travel, extending the historic luxury hotel’s run of prestigious and world-class honours this year.
The Fodor’s list includes only 14 hotels in Asia—and just two in Vietnam—and spotlights what the longtime travel guide and tourism information expert describes as “the creme de la creme of overnights, five-star quality quarters according to writers and editors who live to leave home.”
“We could all use a little escape right now. So why not choose something spectacular?” the editors at Fodor’s Travel write.
Related: As domestic travel gradually resumes, here are tips on how to be a tourist in your own country by Booking.com
Of the Metropole Hanoi in particular, Fodor’s Travel praises the “staggeringly inviting beds” in the hotel’s iconic luxury suites and the “heavenly” breakfast buffet, and recommends travelers relax poolside while “sipping the Bamboo Bar’s signature Graham Greene Martini.” The famed British writer also has a suite named after him at the Metropole, where he was once a guest.
Last month, Metropole Hanoi was named one of “Asia’s Top 30 Hotels” by readers of Conde Nast Traveler magazine and selected as Hanoi’s No. 1 business hotel by the editors of Business Traveller Asia-Pacific. Earlier in the year, the Metropole was awarded a Five-Star rating—the top level of recognition—from Forbes Travel Guide for a second consecutive year.
- Four Vietnamese hotels named among Top 20 hotels in Asia
- How this hotel notches two prestigious honors
- Four hotels in Vietnam named among Asia’s top 20 hotels
- Four hotels in Vietnam named among Asia s top 20 hotels
- Metropole Hanoi’s Award-Winning Restaurant Le Beaulieu Reopens After Extensive Refurbishment
- Many luxury hotels, resorts nationwide respond to Earth Hour 2021
- Four hotels in Hanoi voted among world's most beautiful rooftops
- Here’s the list of 20 managed quarantine hotels in Hanoi for domestic air passengers
- Room prices for Hanoi Covid-19 quarantine hotels published