At least five Vietnam localities are ready to welcome foreign tourists in November, including Phu Quoc island of Kien Giang, home to Nha Trang beach city of Khanh Hoa, home to Hoi An old town of Quang Nam, Da Nang and home to Ha Long Bay of Quang Ninh
Visitors need to furnish a certificate showing they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival or recovered from Covid while those under 18 must furnish a negative Covid test result.
During the first phase starting November, foreign tourists coming to the five localities must confirm in advance their destinations and places of residence. Those who have completed their itinerary in the first seven days must be tested for Covid-19 before going elsewhere, local media reported.
Also read: Foreign travelers can’t wait to visit Vietnam without restriction
All five localities are major beach destinations. Kien Giang is home to the country’s largest island Phu Quoc while Quang Nam is particularly known for the ancient town Hoi An and Quang Ninh Ha Long Bay. All are in a pilot project, as the country readies to reopen its international tourism sector.
In Phu Quoc island of Kien Giang, local authorities have proposed a list of 15 five-star resorts on Phu Quoc Island to house foreign tourists.
They are Vinpearl Discovery Costalland Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Resort Spa Phu Quoc, Vinholidays Fiesta Phu Quoc, Premier Residences Phu Quoc Emerald Bay, Movenpick Resort Waverly Phu Quoc, and Movenpick Villa and Residences Phu Quoc.
In the second phase starting January 2022, other localities can sign up to receive foreign tourists, depending on their vaccination and Covid-19 control status. The tourism ministry will decide before January 2022 if the localities are eligible to receive foreign tourists.
The complete reopening of the tourism sector, expected to begin in the second quarter of 2022, will also depend on the pandemic situation at that time.
The tourism ministry would issue documents to instruct localities on receiving foreign tourists during the initial phases.
Under current vaccine passport policy, even fully vaccinated visitors to Vietnam have to undergo centralized quarantine for seven days.
Vietnam currently accepts Covid-19 vaccine passports from 72 countries and territories, and is discussing the issue with 80 others, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced Thursday.
Vietnam closed its doors to foreign tourists and canceled all international flights in March last year to contain Covid, allowing only Vietnamese repatriates and foreign experts and highly-skilled workers to enter, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam’s Central beach city is getting ready to to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign tourists
- Traveling Around Vietnam: Here Are The Safety Rules You Have To Know
- Localities ready to welcome vaccinated tourists after lockdown
- Are you ready to visit Vietnam as foreign tourists?
- Vietnam considers to reopen some destinations to vaccinated foreign visitors from low risk countries next month
- Foreign travelers can’t wait to visit Vietnam without restriction
- Ministry proposes allowing international tourists to visit Phu Quoc from October
- Authorities in Da Nang plan to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign visitors from next month
- People entering Quang Ninh must be fully vaccinated