Korean visitors are much interested in Vietnam, adding that the embassy has received many questions regarding tourism in Phu Quoc, Vietnamese Ambassador to the Republic of Korea (RoK) Nguyen Vu Tung said.
Meanwhile, Vietnamese Ambassador to Singapore Mai Phuoc Dung said that Vietnam is among top choices for Singaporean visitors, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
Related: Localities ready to welcome vaccinated tourists after lockdown
Hoang Thi Thanh Nga, Minister Counsellor at the Vietnamese Embassy in the US, said that more than 70 percent of people aged from 18 years old in the host country have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, making the US an important tourism market for Vietnam.
Nguyen Tung Lam, Minister Counsellor at the Vietnamese Embassy in Russia, said that after a long period of restrictions, Russians are showing high demand for traveling. He said that Russian people are seeking Asian destinations for visiting, including Vietnam.
Similarly, representatives from the Vietnamese Embassies in Spain, the UK and Germany, said that visitors in the host country expected Vietnam to open its tourism market soon for them.
Also read: Vietnam’s Central beach city is getting ready to to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign tourists
However, according to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, due to complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the tourism sector has yet to define the exact time to reopen for international visitors, and will take gradual steps in the process to ensure the utmost safety.
Currently, the sector is preparing plans to welcome foreign tourists to Phu Quoc island in the Mekong delta province of Kien Giang. But the time for the implementation of the scheme depends on the COVID-19 control situation in Phu Quoc as well as its vaccination progress and readiness.
The tourism sector is also considering the reopening of a number of other destinations meeting safety requirements such as Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam and Da Nang, according to the administration, according to Vietnam News Agency.
- Vietnamese Embassy in Russia Steps Up Vaccine Diplomacy
- Vietnamese Ambassador highlights upcoming Russia visit by Foreign Minister
- Vietnam presents friendship order to former S Korean Ambassador Lee Hyuk
- Phu Quoc Island isn’t ready to welcome vaccinated international travelers next month. Here’s why
- Vietnam’s Central beach city is getting ready to to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign tourists
- Travel firms in Vietnam propose to bring Russian tourists back to Nha Trang
- FM Bui Thanh Son meets Vietnamese community in Russia
- Vietnam to welcome vaccinated foreign visitors back to the country very soon
- Forum promotes Vietnam-Czech Republic trade, investment