Grab Company has just announced the resumption of GrabCar operations in the Covid-19 epicentre of HCM City with its new GrabCar Protect service.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
According to the company, the new service, which was launched from October 7, meets all the local requirements for safe passenger transportation during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Drivers have been fully vaccinated. Each taxi car will only serve 50% of its capacity.
All GrabCar Protect vehicles have been installed with safety screens. Drivers and passengers are advised to travel with open windows, not to use air conditioners, and to frequently use disinfecting agents.
All vehicles will be thoroughly disinfected after each transportation.
Passengers are advised to pay by card or Moca wallet on the Grab app.
HCM City has suspended public transport, including app-based cars since mid-June in an effort to contain the widespread Covid-19 outbreak that has so far infected over 405,184 people citywide.
- Grab proposes transporting medical equipment, Covid patients
- Vietnam tax authorities contradict Grab view over tax policies
- Da Nang halts taxis delivery services over coronavirus fears
- Gojek to launch car rides service in Vietnam
- Does traffic regulation in Tan Son Nhat airport make traffic flow more stuck?
- Vaccinated passengers will not be required to take Covid-19 tests
- GrabVietnam Pauses All Services in Hanoi
- Can Gio-Can Giuoc ferry service suspended from today
- Da Nang suspends taxis and delivery services