Domestic flights officially resumed on October 1 in localities with relaxed COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
The “four-phases plan” outlined by Vietnam’s Ministry of Transport showed that, in the first phase, to be carried over 10 days, airlines would resume air routes with a flight frequency not exceeding half of that in the first 10 days of April, the time before the fourth coronavirus wave broke out in the country. Safe distance for passengers on the planes will be must.
According to the plan, in the second phase, to last for no more than 10 days, the frequency would increase to up to 70 percent of the frequency in April. No seat distancing is required.
Related: Why Hanoi proposes further suspension of domestic flights and trains ?
The third phase would see the flight frequency return to the level seen in the first 10 days of April (but not exceeding it), with no seat distancing required.
The final phase would see airlines resume activities as normal.
Air routes that had only one flight a day even pre-pandemic can resume operations as normal in the first and second phases, with seat distancing required, Vietnam News Agency reported.
Also read: It’s official: Saigon returns to a new normal from tomorrow, no travel papers needed
Passengers must follow the “5K message”, make health declarations, and present a negative COVID-19 test result issued within 72 hours before departure.
However, passengers who had the first vaccine shot three weeks ago, or those who were fully vaccinated or recovered from the disease within six months are exempt from COVID-19 testing.
The Ministry of Transport requested airlines to offer hand sanitizer to all passengers, ask them to wear masks during the flight, and disinfect high-contact surfaces of planes such as door handles and seats after each flight, according to Vietnam News Agency.
- Domestic flights resume from October 1
- Danang flight routes resume from September 7
- Domestic flight frequency adjusted to reduce congestion at airports
- Aviation Department: Only Vietnam Airlines is allowed to fly internationally in the first phase
- Vietnam Airlines opens five additional domestic air routes
- Vietnam’s transport ministry proposes resumption of 6 international air routes
- Domestic flights get close to full capacity
- Vietnam Airlines ups Da Nang flight frequency as Covid-19 outbreak eases
- Carriers up Da Nang flight frequency as Covid-19 outbreak eases