Vietnam's tourism sector is expected to recover soon. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The Vietnam Tourism Association (VTA) on September 28 launched a nationwide tourism recovery programme with a direction of living safely with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speaking at the ceremony, VTA Permanent Vice Chairman Vu The Binh said over the past two years, over 2 million direct and millions of indirect workers have become unemployed due to the pandemic. In 2020 and the first half of 2021, a series of tourism stimulus programmes were launched whenever the pandemic was controlled.
Via the programme, the organising board wants to raise public awareness of safe travelling and create trust among tourists about selected travel companies that meet criteria for welcoming guests amid the pandemic, he said.
Binh added that, in the foreseeable future, the tourism sector will adopt six principles and build safety criteria for tourists and travel companies.
According to a plan issued by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the sector will launch communications campaigns to stimulate tourism with the messages “Vietnamese people travel Vietnam”, “Vietnam's safe and attractive tourism” while piloting a programme to welcome foreign visitors back to Phu Quoc island city in the southern province of Kien Giang, then expanding to other destinations, including Ha Long Bay in the northern province of Quang Ninh, Hoi An in the central province of Quang Nam, Nha Trang in the central province of Khanh Hoa and Da Lat in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong.
The ministry highlighted three important factors in the new normal, including vaccinations for residents and workers in the sector, ensuring safety of destinations and lodging facilities, and creating favourable conditions for domestic and international visitors having vaccination certificates.
- Northwest provinces jointly launch tourism stimulus programme
- Ho Chi Minh City launches interesting tourist programme to lure visitors
- National tourism stimulus programme resumed as pandemic comes under control
- Domestic tourism stimulation programme launched for remainder of the year
- Enterprises plan to receive tourists and revive sector
- Localities launch tourism stimulation products
- Tourism recovery depends on domestic market amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Reinvigorating Vietnam’s tourism
- HCM City officially launches tourism stimulus programme