Phai Ve flagpole is an attractive place to visit in Lang Son province (Photo: toquoc.vn)
NDO - Phai Ve Flagpole, Chi Lang Pass, the Mac Dynasty Citadel, To Thi Mountain, and the Tam Thanh Grotto are some popular places to visit in the northern mountainous province of Lang Son.
Phai Ve flagpole
Located on the top of Phai Ve mountain in Vinh Trai ward, Lang Son city, the 80m-tall Phai Ve flagpole has been recognised as a national historical relic.
Phai Ve mountain once served as a shelter for Vietnamese soldiers during the country’s two resistance wars against France and the US.
The mountain also features Phai Ve 1 and Phai Ve 2 caves, two important archaeological sites dating back 10,000 years.
Chi Lang Pass
Chi Lang Pass is a famous historical site which witnessed many glorious feats of arms of the Vietnamese against foreign invaders. Stretching over 20km from Chi Lang town to Mai Sao commune in Chi Lang district, the pass is surrounded by rugged mountains including Cai Kinh and Thai Hoa, serving as a “shield” protecting the ancient Thang Long citadel from northern invaders.
It was recognised as a national historic site in 1962 and then gained the status of a special national relic site in in 2020.
Mac Dynasty Citadel
Tam Thanh cave has stalactites in vivid shapes. (Photo: hanoimoi.com.vn)
The Tam Thanh Grotto is a famous tourist destination in Lang Son province. The complex includes a pagoda inside one cave and two other caves, with the largest and most beautiful one being named Tam Thanh.
The cave has stalactites in vivid shapes and nestles by Am Ty Lake, itself full of cool water.
Meanwhile, the Tam Thanh Pagoda houses a statue of the Amitabha Buddha, carved on the cliff face of the cave in the artistic style of the 16th - 17th centuries.
- Ta Lang Village, a new attractive destination of Quảng Nam
- Exhibition on noted painter Bùi Xuân Phái opens in Hà Nội
- $136 million needed for building border expressway in Lang Son
- Pinky cherry-like apricot trees in Lang Biang plateau
- Two human traffickers prosecuted in Lang Son
- Sweet flavor of Chi Lang custard apples
- Lang Son tourism to visit the famous and sacred Tan Thanh pagoda in the border area
- Stunning Lang Song Church in Binh Dinh province
- All experiences of going to Ky Lua night market – a unique market of Lang Son people