Relics of Ha Tinh Ancient Citadel
ChandraGarran04 30-08-2021, 09:05

HA TINH – Hao citadel was built in 1833 to protect the seat of the old government, now in Tan Giang ward, Ha Tinh City.

Click to flip the photo

Ha Tinh citadel was built by King Minh Menh of the Nguyen Dynasty in 1833 in Trung Tiet commune, now Tan Giang ward, Ha Tinh city. In 1853, the citadel was unused due to the merger of Ha Tinh into Nghe An. In 1881, the work was built by King Tu Duc and solidified with bricks and laterite when re-establishing the province.

The citadel was built according to Vauban architecture, including: ramparts, fortresses, cannons, firing walls, defenses, moats, citadels… capable of defending.

The citadel is 3.2 m high, surrounded by a moat 20 m wide, 1.6 m deep, the total area of ​​both the moat and the citadel is about 160,000 m2. The citadel has four doors: Tien Mon, Hau Mon, Ta Mon, and Huu Mon. Inside the citadel are the headquarters of important agencies such as Linh binh (military agency), Murder (court), Bo main palace (head office of the province), Doc Hoc (educational agency). ..

Above two photos are traces of Ha Tinh citadel now and in the past, captured in the ancient An Tinh book by Hippolyte Le Breton. Viewed from above, the city now has only 3 sides, where the headquarters of state agencies of Ha Tinh such as the Provincial Party Committee, Provincial People’s Committee, Provincial Police are located…

Experiencing many changes in history, the moat is now renovated, with concrete embankments built along both sides, like a small river winding around Ha Tinh city. The trench connects to the Tan Giang River, the water rises and falls according to the tide.

In the past, the land around the moat was used to build a citadel. The wall is now gone, replaced by small roads running along the moat.

On the photo is a concrete road in lane 9A, Phan Dinh Phung street, Tan Giang ward, where a solid wall used to be click to flip the photo

Mr. Ho Van Hieu, 80 years old, former Secretary of Ha Tinh town, Head of the Internal Affairs Department of Ha Tinh Provincial Party Committee, said that the position he was standing in was the front gate, with a moat running across it, now the square and the stadium. Ha Tinh city.

The black-and-white documentary photo is Tien Mon, with a tower to arrange soldiers to stand guard, inside the tower is a signal bell.

All four gates of the city have bridges over the moat. Cua Hau is now a small bridge over the moat on Nguyen Huu Thai Street, Tan Giang Ward, below the bridge, there are 3 drainage arches, built according to the ancient gate architecture.

Cua Ta is now in the residential group of Street 7, Tan Giang ward. At low tide, the concrete block formerly part of the archway under the moat will be exposed.

Cua Huu is now located on Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Tan Giang Ward, below there is a small culvert connected to the moat.

“During the time the citadel was still in existence, the Tien and Hau gates were often opened for people to come in and out. The Ta and Huu gates were rarely opened,” said Mr. Ho Van Hieu.

Over time, the headquarters of state agencies in the past are no longer located in the citadel. The authorities have renovated and built many new projects.

On the photo is a campus of thousands of square meters of President Ho Chi Minh’s memorial area to visit Ha Tinh, on Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Tan Giang ward, when the province was newly established, it was the place where Linh soldiers (military agencies) were located. prosecutor (court)…

At the time of construction, Ha Tinh citadel had a lake system. Now the lakes have been filled, leaving only a semicircular lake with a width of more than 100 m2, annual lotus planting, located in the grounds of President Ho Chi Minh’s memorial area to visit Ha Tinh.

In the citadel, there is a system of prisons, also known as prisons, made of earthen walls. During the war, the enemy occupied this place and built it solidly to imprison thousands of patriotic scholars and revolutionary soldiers.

The prison was dismantled after the August Revolution in 1945, the building is now only ruins. The government has erected a stele “Ha Tinh Prison” at Lane 2, Nguyen Huu Thai Street, Tan Giang Ward.

Currently, at Ly Tu Trong park, on Phan Dinh Phung street, located on Nam Ha ward, Ha Tinh city, there are two cast iron cannons, previously identified as being placed in Ha Tinh citadel with the meaning of protection.

“In the process of researching and collecting artifacts, experts have found a number of documents proving that the two cannons above are related to the time when Ha Tinh citadel was built,” said the leader of Ha Tinh Museum.

Mr. Ho Van Hieu added that, in the early days of its establishment, Ha Tinh town, ie Ha Tinh city today, was divided into 8 neighborhoods: Tinh Trung, Hoan Thi, Tien Mon, Hau Mon, Ta Mon, Huu Mon, and Tan Giang. , Nam Ngan.

In the inner city, each neighborhood has set up a temple to worship the village tutelary god, with the meaning of letting the god protect and protect the people in the area. Up to now, the temples have become ruins, only the temple of Thanh Hoang Nam Ngan has been restored and moved to residential group 10, Tan Giang ward for worship.

On the occasion of the 190th anniversary of the establishment of the province (1831-2021) and the 30th anniversary of the re-establishment of the province (1991-2021), the Ha Tinh authorities advocated implementing a project to restore the Hao citadel to become a tourist route, cultural services. culture and history.

Accordingly, when re-planned, the Hao Thanh will be treated with a domestic wastewater system, urban embellishment, restoration of the city gate and a highlight of the citadel, and proposed to be recognized as a cultural and historical relic for the project.

The citadel seen from above. Follow vnexpress

TAG: