Hanoi’s capital is known as a magnificent place. However, not everything here is expensive. Let’s save a list of 7 dishes with super “chestnut” prices, super savings, which will help you warm your stomach in the last days of the “thin pocket” month.
Ton That Tung bag yogurt
- Address: 111 Ton That Tung
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 18:00
- Reference price: 1000 – 3,000 VND
- Yogurt is sold at a newsstand, opposite Khuong Thuong secondary school, at the beginning of lane A8 – the area specializing in selling souvenirs. Yogurt bags here are surprisingly cheap, only 1,000-2,000 VND/bag. Yogurt is kept in a thermos to keep it cold, with a home-made, sweet and sour taste that is sure to remind many people of their childhood. If you buy to go, only yogurt bags, while sitting, there are also homemade yogurt boxes. Yogurt here has 4 flavors: traditional is 1000 VND, orange and coffee flavor is 2,000 VND, banana is 3,000 VND. The sales lady is friendly, cheerful, enthusiastic, cute.
Quan Thanh spicy cake
- Address: 59 Quan Thanh
- Opening hours: 14:30 – 18:00
- Reference price: 1,000 VND/piece
- Recently, the divine spicy cake is causing a fever among young people in Ha Thanh. Spicy cake is made from cassava, minced shrimp mixed with onion and chili powder, eaten sweet, crispy. Eating the first one, you will not feel the spicy taste, but the more you eat it, the more spicy it becomes, pangolin, although spicy but sweet, it is also attractive and easy to eat. The space is quite spacious, so you can comfortably sit and enjoy. Here, in addition to spicy cakes, they also sell corn cakes, potatoes, and bananas for 7,000 VND / piece.
Quynh Mai fried potato cake
- Address: 103C8 Quynh Mai
- Opening hours: 14:00 – 16:00
- Reference price: 5,000 VND / 10 pieces
- The owner of the bakery has been selling cakes for about 7 years and has a large number of regular customers. The shop is almost a family restaurant, the whole family works together, the owner is the main kitchen, and the mother and daughter knead the dough. There are 2 types of cake flour: one is regular glutinous rice flour, one is sweet potato mixed with taro, and filled with green beans. Roll the dough into small balls, put it in a pan filled with oil. The cake is rotated by hand, when it is golden brown, take it out for guests to enjoy, the color of the cake is very natural, without any products. The crust is crispy and delicious, the filling is medium sweet, easy to eat. Purple is sweeter, yellow is greasy.
Spring rolls Nguyen Nhu Do
- Address: 24 Nguyen Nhu Do, Dong Da
- Opening hours: 15:00 – 18:00
- Reference price: 1,500 VND/piece
- The shop is located in a small corner right in the middle of the intersection, passing Ngo Si Lien will immediately see Nguyen Nhu Do cut in. If you look closely, you can see that it’s called a restaurant, but it’s just a small table with a few small chairs around. The old woman with black hair with white silver thread rolled her hands quickly, without rest. The rolls here are quite large, with lettuce, figs, basil, papaya salad, spring rolls, dipped with sweet and sour dipping sauce, sprinkled with peanut crumbs on top. Those who want to eat spicy can add more chili. Special chili sauce made by her own in the Central style, strange to eat.
O Quan Chuong Donuts
- Address: No. 1 Hang Chieu, beginning of O Quan Chuong
- Opening hours: 9:00 – 15:00
- Reference price: 1000 VND/piece
- The bakery is located at 1 Hang Chieu, right at the beginning of O Quan Chuong, so it is often called O Quan Chuong donut, also known as Cao Lau donut. The donuts here are small and pretty, the filling of green beans is not much, but it is always hot, crispy, the crust is fragrant with sesame, the taste of beans and the cake is sweet to the mouth. The price of the cake is only 1000 VND / piece, like the price in the subsidy period, it’s cheap. The cake gift that belongs to the simple street vendors on the streets of Hanoi for many years, warmly sent to the hearts of passersby.
Tiny dumplings at Nghia Tan Market
- Address: 115A15 Nghia Tan, Cau Giay
- Opening hours: 9:00 – 18:30
- Reference price: 2500 VND/piece
- The shop is located in the collective area, right near Nghia Tan market, the numbers are quite orderly, not difficult to find. The shop has no seats, just a cart, take away. You often buy tofu shop next to you to eat. Dumplings are delicious, the crust is thick and soft, the filling is full, well seasoned, delicious, the meat in the cake is fresh and sweet, it is worth a try.
Bui Ngoc Duong salty and sweet donuts
- Address: 124 Bui Ngoc Duong
- Opening hours: 9:00 – 20:30
- Reference price: 1500 VND/piece
- The bakery is quite easy to find, right at the intersection of Bui Ngoc Duong and Hong Mai. Haven’t been to the shop, I can see the aroma, the first impression is the clear golden oil pan, which looks quite clean. The shop is quite small, there are only 2 tables in the house, almost customers only buy and take away. The shop has both cakes and cakes, the same price 1500 VND / piece. The sweet type has sesame cake, green bean cake, sugar-coated cake, and honey cake. Salty cake with wood ear filling, fragrant fried vermicelli with meat flavor, thin crust, crispy, dipped with dipping sauce with pickles.
The list of delicious dishes, super cheap prices is too great, isn’t it, guys. Please share to keep for friends gatherings that unfortunately run out of pocket.
- Homemade Upside Down Yogurt Recipe
- Top 10 benefits of yogurt to human health
- Strawberry smoothie
- Traditional dishes have strange variations in Da Nang
- Top 7 Hanoi Street foods that guests love
- The series of Pleiku snack shops make foodies ‘wobble’ with passion
- Traditional Vietnamese Food with a Twist
- Pocket 40 Snack Shops District 1 Delicious and Cheap
- Top 7 snacks in Tay Ninh