A zigzag path leading to Eo Chim Pass
HCMC - Eo Chim Pass is on the border between Tay Tra and Tay Bong districts in Quang Ngai Province. The pass looks like a silk strip stretching over mountains.
You don’t have to win a green jersey of Tour de France to enjoy mountain biking. However, to this class of bikers, riding their bikes on zigzag passes is among the most thrilling parts of the game. In Vietnam, Eo Chim Pass in Quang Ngai Province, some 800 kilometers north of HCMC, may be a place of choice for cyclists who are fond of wonderful panoramic views.
Eo Chim, literally the “waist of a bird,” is a pass separating two districts of the province. On the way, bikers may contemplate spectacular landscapes characterized by cliffs in various shapes. What bikers should do then is taking a deep breath to feel pure air flowing in to refresh their lungs.
The weather on the pass is cool even in summer. Additionally, bikers may be enchanted by streams boasting their cool, pure water.
Houses of Cor ethnic people along the way
The sides of the pass are dotted with houses of families of Cor, a local ethnic people. Interested cyclists may stop for a while to talk to local people. Such conversations will reveal the connections among human beings and between them and nature.
Cor children with their innocent eyes may not fully understand the passion of the strangers on their bikes when talking with them. Yet, it is the kids’ residence that is the most admired beauty on the pass. Local wild vegetables and herbs are as simple as the Cor people are, and the visitors will be treated with these local specialties. Some are really tasty, which are sold along the way.
Fresh and cool streams under the sun
- Chim Chim Cape a truly natural masterpiece in Con Dao
- Ca Pass, Co Ma Pass on the way back from Dai Lanh Cape
- Craggy cliffs in Vietnam that offer thrills to adventure lovers
- Flower and bird season in Tram Chim
- Water lily pond at the foot of Eo Gio pass
- Discover Con Chim islet in Tra Vinh
- An alternative way to Bao Loc
- The beautiful passes in Vietnam are ecstatic, go hundreds of times without getting bored
- Top breath taking curves in Vietnam