No need to wonder “what to eat in Saigon”?! Below is a list of Saigon delicacies recommended by Vinliove Vietnam. Save it now and forever! What to eat in Saigon? Ho Chi Minh City is a place where the cultural and culinary diversity of many regions is a combination of many different flavors. That’s also the reason why visitors when coming to Saigon wistfully think about what to eat here. Then join Vinlove to discover the rich culinary paradise that fully converges the flavors of 3 regions in the following list of irresistible Saigon delicacies!
Image source: Unsplash
1. Saigon Bread
Surely banh mi is no stranger to Vietnamese people and especially international friends. Although the origin is unknown when, but Vietnamese bread is recognized worldwide as one of the best street foods in the world, as “Saigon specialties”. This is a dish that everyone knows it is famous for Vietnam in general and Saigon in particular. Banh mi was introduced to Vietnam in 1859 and appeared first in Saigon, then spread to other neighboring areas.
Image source: Pinterest main attraction is the crispy heat of the cake, a bread full of meat, eggs, rolls, pate inside makes people wobble. A bite of crispy bread will give you full energy on a positive morning, start your day with full starch and protein, or don’t know what to eat for lunch or dinner, choose a traditional dish right away. of Vietnamese people, both convenient and easy to see and buy everywhere on the streets of Saigon.
Address selling delicious Saigon bread:
- Phuong Lien Beef Dry Bread: 12 Nguyen Huy Tu, Da Kao Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Banh mi Pha Lau Ba 6: 104 Hoang Dieu, Ward 12, District 4, City, Ho Chi Minh
- Huynh Hoa Bread: 26 Le Thi Rieng, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Tam Ky fried rice cake: 823 Nguyen Trai, Ward 14, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh
2. Saigon sticky rice
Image source: ?VOZFor a country with a long history of wet-rice agriculture, preparations made from rice still hold a rather special position in the culinary village of the country. Topping the ranking of traditional Vietnamese dishes, sticky rice is considered one of the fast foods that are both convenient, simple, and popular but still enough to fill your hungry stomach. You can easily imagine a package of sticky rice wrapped in a simple banana leaf from home, lying in the palm of your hand. Today, in the era of opening up for exchanges between countries, it is not only a package of sticky rice wrapped in banana leaves anymore, the traditional sticky rice pillow is also mixed with “the taste of the west” to be more suitable for the market of the people. consumption, such as: salty sticky rice – full of ham with toppings, chicken sticky rice – chicken or chicken skin, blue bean sticky rice – eye-catching purple color from butterfly pea flowers, 7-color sticky rice – multi-color,…
The place to sell delicious – nutritious – cheap Saigon sticky rice:
- Popular sticky rice: 101 Van Kiep, Ward 3, Binh Thanh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Ton Tan Food & Drink: 199 Vinh Vien, Ward 4, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Chicken sticky rice at Ba Chieu market: 318/1 Bui Huu Nghia, Ward 1, Binh Thanh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Huong sticky rice at Phu Xuan bridge: 40 Huynh Tan Phat, Nha Be district, City. Ho Chi Minh
3. Seafood – Saigon Snail
Image source: ?Zing NewsThe familiar images of young people from the sidewalks to the luxury restaurants, everywhere appear seafood dishes and snails passionately forget the way home. Fresh, affordable seafood is always the criteria that restaurants recommend. Diverse in processing, the dish is gaining more and more sympathy and is always on the list of parties of tourists and city dwellers today.
Places to sell delicious seafood and snails in Saigon:
- Oc Linh: 111/1A Street 8, Ward 11, Go Vap District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Oc Thao shop: 383 Vinh Khanh, Ward 8, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Oc Vu: No. 37 Vinh Khanh, Ward 8, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Oc Restaurant 2A: 337 Nguyen Van Luong Street, Ward 12, District 6, City. Ho Chi Minh
4. Saigon Cake Soup
Image source: New NewspaperDefinitely add to the list of delicious Saigon dishes made from rice, which is banh chung. The main raw materials are wheat flour, rice flour, tapioca flour. Today, a few eateries prepare their own ingredients, but instead, they will directly import cakes from manufacturing factories, small retail stores to save time and costs, enough to satisfy meet the needs of the people.Not inferior to other daily dishes, Banh Canh is also processed in a diverse and rich way. Banh cuon dai dai is mixed with rich broth depending on the cooking method of the chef, adding toppings together. Crab soup cake, pork noodle soup cake, meat soup cake, fish soup cake, … there are many choices for you to consider.
Restaurants selling delicious Saigon soup cakes:
- Ut Le crab soup cake: 210 To Hien Thanh, Ward 15, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Crab soup, pork rolls: 181/6 Xom Chieu, Ward 16, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Crab cake soup: 720 CMT8, Ward .5, Tan Binh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Cake soup powder: 453/50 Le Van Sy, Ward 12, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
5. Saigon Noodle Soup
Image source: New NewspaperOriginating in the West, then being spread and imported to Saigon, bun mam became a dish that people who went abroad to pray for food also had to remember their hometown, and then also became a dish that tourists wanted to eat. must also taste once when coming to Vietnam. Mixing the district with many other ingredients of the river region such as shrimp, squid, snakehead fish, bitter vegetables, water lily, .. add a little roasted pork or eggplant, the broth is just eaten, hot, the aroma makes the smell more delicious. add more rustic dishes. Although the dish is popular, it is no less competitive when standing with the ranks of delicious Saigon dishes.
Where to eat delicious Saigon noodles?
- Bun Co Trinh: 116 Vuon Chuoi, Ward 4, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Co Cuc Bun Mam: 174 Nguyen Thien Thuat, Ward 1, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Hue Food – Bun Mam Nem: 242/14 Nguyen Thien Thuat, Ward 3, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
6. Saigon Thai Hot Pot
Photo source: Zing NewsImported from abroad into Vietnam, Thai hot pot suddenly tops the list of young people’s first choice in today’s entertainment. The spicy chili, lemongrass, and satay flavors blend with the sour taste of lemon enchantment, served with a variety of seafood, mixed with fresh vegetables, and a rich hot pot that makes the party eat forever. While smoking and sipping, Thai hot pot is really the number one suitable choice for all Vietnamese people.
Address selling delicious Thai hot pot in Saigon:
- Duong Tu Giang Hot Pot Street: Duong Tu Giang, Ward 14, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Osaka conveyor belt hot pot chain – Osaka restaurant.1 Luy Ban Bich: No. 455 Luy Ban Bich, Hiep Tan Ward, Tan Phu District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Nguyet Hy hot pot: 192 – 194 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ward 4, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
7. Saigon Beef Hotpot
Photo source: Viet EntertainmentBeef hot pot is not only one of the number one choices on rainy days but also a dish with a lot of nutrients. Looking at the beef hot pot full of various kinds of beef, the rich hotpot soup with the smell of beef, the district and the spicy satay makes people satisfied enough to drink, sip a little beer and wine. .The main ingredients of the dish must be fresh, ensure food hygiene and safety, affordable prices – nothing is more attractive than when you and your friends and relatives sit around a delicious hot pot after working days. hard work.
Places selling famous beef hot pot in Saigon:
- A Tai oxtail hot pot: Alley 372 Cach Mang Thang 8, Ward 10, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Hoang Thu beef hot pot: 84/1 Ho Thi Ky, Ward 1, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Ti Chuot beef hot pot: 1-3 Cao Ba Nha, Nguyen Cu Trinh ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
8. Saigon Goat Hotpot
Image source: VOZLike beef hotpot, goat hotpot is also full of nutritious nutrients. Goats are chased and beaten to get rid of the bad smell, then made their feathers, yellowed, pecked out, marinated with basil leaves or chrysanthemum leaves for more than a few minutes, then filtered the meat (leaving the skin) and processed into dishes. Goat hotpot today is available in every province, and in HCMC. Ho Chi Minh City is a general cultural and culinary area that will definitely be indispensable. The natural soft chewy meat, along with the delicious broth, the accompanying vegetables are definitely indispensable, the street flavor is close and familiar to Vietnamese food lovers.
Address selling delicious Saigon goat hot pot:
- Goat Goat Hot Pot Restaurant in Saigon: 105 Truong Dinh, Ward 6, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Goat hotpot 404: 436 Nguyen Thi Thap, Tan Quy Ward, District 7, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Lam Son Goat: 31 Yen The, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Ky Dong goat hot pot: 7/3 Ky Dong, Ward 9, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
9. Saigon Fish Hotpot
Image source: New NewspaperWhether the fish hotpot is delicious depends on whether the ingredients are fresh or not. To prepare delicious fish hotpot, not fishy, requires the cook to have high processing skills to apply the fishy smell of the fish. In general, most fish hotpots are clear, with the sweetness of bone broth or sour taste from Giang leaves, served with river vegetables and many other crispy seafood. Having the same high nutritional value as meat, fish hotpot is not only a snack but also a filling dish, providing enough nutrition for long tiring working days.
Places with delicious fish hotpot in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Local Thai – Thai Restaurant: 89/19 Doan Van Bo, Ward 12, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Dan Ich Fish Hot Pot: 99 Chau Van Liem, Ward 14, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Nguyen Thi Dieu goby hotpot: No. 4 Nguyen Thi Dieu, Ward 6, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Stingray hotpot: 28 Nguyen Bieu, Ward 1, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh
10. Delicious Saigon Ice Cream
Image source: New NewspaperIf in the rainy seasons, you will immediately think of hot pot, but on hot sunny days, fresh ice cream will be the first choice of young people today. No longer a handmade banana and yogurt ice cream like in the 2000s, today’s ice cream is more diverse in color, flavor and aesthetic. Above all, the ice cream industry has also created many different brands, different flavors of ice cream. The main ingredients of ice cream are fresh cream, fresh milk, sugar, natural flavors, egg yolk and many other flavors, the most basic ice cream flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, green tea, and green tea. fruit, etc. captivate today’s youth, ensuring to conquer people’s hearts.
Some delicious Saigon ice cream brands:
- Baskin Robbins: 1 Truong Dinh, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Swensen’s: 73 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Cau Ong Lanh Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Fanny : 29-31 Ton That Thiep, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
11. Saigon Thai Tea
As the most cultural and culinary area, it is also the place to gather tea dishes from many different provinces and countries such as Hue tea, Thai tea, Southern tea, American tea, Chinese tea and especially Cambodian tea. The taste makes you passionate to eat once and remember forever.If you are a tea addict, surely you will not be able to ignore Thai tea, a dish that is no longer strange to Vietnamese people. The sweet taste of tea from coconut milk, mixed with the sweet aroma of home-flavored fruits such as jackfruit, longan, shredded coconut, and jelly fibers, the special flavor that makes up the brand is the bitter taste. unique delicious aroma. There’s nothing like a cup of cool, delicious tea for a hot summer afternoon.
Delicious Thai tea places in Saigon:
- Thai Y Phuong Tea, 380 – 382 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ward 4, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
- My Tea: 591 Nguyen Thi Thap, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Hang Tea: E43 Cu Xa Phu Lam B, Ward 13, District 6, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Mr. Tea: 152 Co Giang, Ward 1, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
12. Fried Noodles – Saigon Fried Flour
Image source: New NewspaperAlthough Saigon has countless delicious dishes and strange things, fried noodles – fried dough is still a legendary childhood dish that still captures a lot of people’s love.Crispy and chewy, accompanied by eggs and rolls, the plus point when enjoying this dish is papaya and sour food, adding a spicy dipping sauce made according to the seller’s own recipe.Today, you can find this strange yet familiar dish all over the alleys, from street vendors to restaurants, its aroma will attract you to eat right away.
Places selling delicious fried noodles and fried dough in Saigon:
- Duc Hoa: 001 Lot X Ngo Gia Tu Apartment, Ngo Gia Tu Ward, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Van Thanh Chien Powder: Alley 185 Vo Van Tan, Ward 5, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Fried Powder Phung Khac Khoan: 63 Phung Khac Khoan, Da Kao Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
13. Saigon Barbecue
Image source: aFamilyOn every weekend, the sidewalk restaurants or luxury restaurants are crowded with customers, the smell of smoke and the scent of spices and grilled seafood is overwhelming. Ensuring food hygiene and safety and fresh products are the top criteria of the food industry, a variety of rich sauces for many choices are also part of creating a typical brand in the Vietnamese baking village. .It is the ideal gathering place for every day craving for BBQ, sitting around with friends, or relatives by the fire, the taste is marinated with a few glasses of wine to make you uninhabited, the taste is unforgettable. .
Some places selling delicious and cheap BBQ in Saigon:
- Buk Buk Le Van Sy: 347 Le Van Sy, Ward 1, Tan Binh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
- BBQ Panda: No. 47 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ward 6, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh (there are many branches, you can choose the nearest branch)
- Chili Restaurant: 232/105 Vinh Khanh, Ward 10, District 4, City. Ho Chi Minh
14. Saigon Broken Rice
Image source: New newspapers don’t know since when rib rice has become a typical dish of Saigon for a long time. As a replacement for the main meal of the day, rib rice is a dish for busy people but is still rich in nutrients. Using a car rental service in Ho Chi Minh City and walking around the alleys in Saigon, you will see a lot of restaurants with broken rice, rice ribs, it can be said that this is a popular dish loved by adults. to young children. Ribs are marinated in a specific flavor, then grilled on low heat so that the meat is evenly absorbed, soft from the inside and outside, served with pork rib rice, omelet, egg rolls. … served with vegetables or pickles with enough fiber and protein for a long tiring day of work.
Some places selling delicious Saigon broken rice:
- Phuc Loc Tho broken rice: 223 Nguyen Thi Thap, Tan Phu Ward, District 7, City. Ho Chi Minh (there are many branches, you can choose the nearest branch)
- Tu Map Ribs Rice: 812 Su Van Hanh, Ward 12, District 10, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Rice Nguyen Van Cu: 167 Nguyen Van Cu, Ward 2, District 5, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Sai Gon Bui broken rice: 100 Thach Thi Thanh, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
15. Chicken Ta Saigon
Our chicken is a chicken breed that is evaluated as a chicken dish with many nutrients, high protein, delicious and rich meat, the meat is not friable or too tough, our chickens are often raised in the garden to be firmer. Countless traditional dishes are made from our chicken dishes such as: Chicken salad, chicken porridge, chicken noodle soup, chicken rice, chicken sticky rice… And most of all, it is a mixture of East-West dishes such as: chicken with cheese sauce. Mai, chicken with spicy and sour sauce, Cantonese chicken noodles, dried chicken skin… are wildly loved by young people.
Some places selling delicious chicken dishes in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Ky Dong Chicken Noodle Soup: 4/5 Bis Ky Dong, Ward 9, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Grilled Chicken O O: 2/12 Cao Thang, Ward 5, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Ba Chieu Chicken Sticky Rice: Ba Chieu Market, 318/1 Bui Huu Nghia, Ward 1, Binh Thanh District, City. Ho Chi Minh
16. Saigon Mixed Noodles
In addition to the list of dishes that can be substituted for main meals, mixed noodles are also considered a favorite dish of snackers. It sounds simple but is actually quite sophisticated in each processing stage. Noodles must be bare and not too thick to keep the chewiness of the noodles, the sauce must be just right, its lightness and flavor also contribute to the branding, eaten with other delicious toppings such as chicken. , seafood, pork,….
Some places to eat mixed noodles in Saigon are delicious:
- Rocket noodles: 119/22 Nguyen Van Cu, Ward 2, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
- Mixed noodles Ba Dinh restaurant: 142 Ba Dinh, Ward 10, District 8, City. Ho Chi Minh
- Mr. Mi: 21 Nguyen Huy Tu, Da Kao Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
17. Dim Sum | Thunder Points
Converging a large Chinese community, Dim Sum (or Dim Thunder) is a familiar Saigon delicacy to the local “diners”. Depending on the place to eat, you can find a variety of Dim Sum dishes with prices ranging from a few tens of thousands of VND to several hundred thousand VND; The most popular ones have steamed shrimp and pork dumplings, steamed shallot cakes, stewed squash with dried scallops, Peking duck…
Some places selling delicious Dim Sum in Saigon:
- Kabin Restaurant: 15 Ton Duc Thang Street, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City – Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon.
- Li Bai Restaurant : 88 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City – Sheraton Saigon Hotel.
- Dim Tu Tac: 55 Dong Du, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Dim Sum Mr. Hao: 171A E. Nguyen Van Cu, Ward 2, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
18. Saigon Buffet
Feeling lost in the colorful “maze” of Saigon cuisine? Then the buffet – buffet – is the perfect choice for you. From Japanese sushi, Korean BBQ, Chinese thunder, Taiwanese hot pot to seafood feast, the Saigon buffet list is sure to satisfy even the most demanding diners.
Hopefully, the Saigon specialties suggested above will partly help you no longer have a headache because of the story of where to go and what to eat in Saigon. Follow klook
- The most culinary destinations in Vietnam: Hanoi and Saigon are at the top
- Delicious dishes to try when going on a day tour to Saigon
- Honeycomb charcoal bread, guests compete to enjoy in Saigon
- Crocodile-shaped bread in Saigon
- Foreign tourists go to Saigon street du Xuan
- Vietnamese cuisine 5 stars
- ‘Have a craving’ with the hottest food courts in Saigon today
- 10 Famous Vietnamese dishes in the world
- Street food paradise at Saigon flower market