HO CHI MINH CITY – Some mobile applications allow live viewing of street images, downloaded by many people during social distancing.
“It’s rare that the street is so empty. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go out to see it, so I looked through the traffic camera,” said Mr. Ngoc Kha, District 10, HCMC.
The application Mr. Kha uses is TTGT Ho Chi Minh City, released by the city’s Department of Transport on both iOS and Android platforms. He said he still used this app to see if his commute to work was blocked. During the time of social distancing in Ho Chi Minh City, this solution was used by him to see the city. “Watch it so you don’t remember, as well as to know what the social distancing situation is like in places,” he said.
Besides TTGT Ho Chi Minh City, another application that is also used by many people is Saigon Traffic. On the App Store in the “Navigation” category, these two apps are currently ranked 3rd and 4th in terms of downloads. Another application, Saigon Traffic Camera, launched in early 2020 on the Play Store, has also reached over 50,000 downloads.
These applications have the same operating method, both using traffic cameras to provide images to users. However, the image displayed on the application is not a live stream video, but just a still image, which is automatically updated after 10 to 20 seconds.
The Saigon Traffic Camera developer said the system has image data from 364 cameras installed in many major streets across the city. These applications also allow you to find cameras by route on the map or save favorite locations for easy tracking next time.
- HCMC to further IT application in traffic administration
- Social distancing photography project uses Saigon’s emblematic architecture to spread hope
- HCM remain social distancing
- People rushed to travel out of Saigon before the city imposes social distancing measures
- Vietnam confirms 45 new Covid-19 cases on Monday evening as Saigon imposes social distancing
- Bac Ninh City implements social distancing
- Ho Chi Minh City works to ensure adequate supply of goods amid social distancing
- HCMC Transport Dept seeks nod for taxi services during social distancing period
- Vietnam largest city imposes social distancing for another two weeks over Covid concerns
- $3mn project to expand avenue in Ho Chi Minh City's CBD to commence this week